1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Could we see City Promoted at Portsmouth?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, Apr 25, 2011.

1. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

If Norwich beat Portsmouth next monday and Cardiff lose to Middlesborough then Norwich will be promoted to the Premier league, as City will be 4 points ahead of Cardiff with 1 game left. So I'll be hoping for a 'boro win as well as a Norwich win next monday.

2. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

I remember many years ago when we first got promoted to the top tier under Ron Saunders. I was a very young lad stood with my dad cheering a City win at Fratton Park. What are the chances of a repeatr all those years later?

Any other more 'mature' posters remember that game?

3. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see you go up, You so deserve to go up.

4. InEnemyTerritory

InEnemyTerritory New Member

I remember that game well but nearly for the wrong reason. Great day until our coach stopped at Guildford on way back. Driver said we had half an hour then he was going. We got back to see the coach (Caroline Seagull) leaving the bus station! In our less than sober state we ran round to the other end of the station and managed to flag him down as he came past. Oh happy days!
    Some of our mates did get left on another trip. Left behind in Baldock. You would think we would have learnt wouldn't you?

5. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Love to see the you boys promoted, you deserve it. Do me a favour win in style against our south coast neighbours please.... Holt & Vokes hatrick! Lol

6. RangersHQ-Norfolk

I sincerely hope you boys do it (as runners-up of course), you have been great this year. Team of the year in our league is a close run thing between the Mighty Hoops and yourselves.

Don't let our draw at Cardiff go to waste, onwards and upwards with us !!!! <ok>

7. HOADIE_BOI

Vokes has left and gone back to Wolves after a 28 Day loan by the way.

8. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

hoadie, loads of people are being mean to me on my thread????

9. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

Let's hope Pompey are on the beach...

however they are unlikely to roll over, so we'll need a performance like ipswich, Leicester etc to win.

I understand there are plently of tickets left for the game, as only 1,600 did the written application and the allocation is 3,200.

10. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

I have looked at the league table, and with 2 games left it is still possible for Norwich to win the title if QPR lose both their remaining matches and Norwich win both of theirs. If QPR draw 1 and lose 1, and Norwich win both of their remaining games, both Norwich & QPR will finish on 86 points each, but QPR will have a better goal difference (unless Norwich can 14 more goals than QPR in their next 2 games). IMO if both QPR and Norwich finished on 86 points each, the title should be shared between the 2 teams.

11. KillerCanaryKris

Ooooerrrrr :emoticon-0104-surpr this is a bit different to 606. I remember Fratton Park in 74/75 season, City won 3-0 to clinch promotion in third place, possible <ghost> similarities or what. At least the Green Army shouldn't have to put up with the bottles and coins that rained down on us in the open end all game and then running the gauntlet of the Pompey 'fans' on the way back to the train station. Thank god things have changed <ok> OTBC

12. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I am having the same sort of problems.