1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Contracted & Out of Contract Players!

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForEverAnAddick, May 10, 2011.

1. ForEverAnAddick

Out of Contract: 23 Players

Christian Daily
    Carl Jenkinson
    Kelly Youga
    Michael Stewart
    Miguel Angel Llera
    Jose Vitor Semedo
    Therry Racon
    Kyle Reid
    Joe Anyinsah
    Jonathan Fortune
    Brandon Hall
    Connor Morris
    Joe Carter
    Stephen Camacho
    Ross Worner
    Tamer Tuna
    Lewis Perkins
    Alex Stavrinou
    Dean Parrett (Back to Spurs)
    John Sullivan (Bac to Millwall)
    Nathan Ecclestone (Back to Liverpool)
    Frank Nouble (Back to West Ham)
    Federico Bessone (Back to Leeds)

Contracted: 16

Rob Elliot
    Simon Francis
    Johnnie Jackson
    Bradley Wright-Phillips
    Gary Doherty
    Scott Wagstaff
    Yado Mambo
    Alan McCormack
    Paul Benson
    Chris Solly
    Callum Harriotts
    Freddie Warren
    Tosan Popo
    Conor Gough
    Jordan Cousins
    Ben Davisson

Looks like Powell & the Board are going to be rather busy over the next couple of weeks with so many out of contract players!

Who out of the Out of Contract list would you sign back up for next season? Or would you just rather us have a mass clearout of the deadwood and get some new blood in over the summer??

I would like to keep Daily for the exerience Mambo can learn alot from him next season after signing a new 1year contract! Racon and Semedo I'd love to keep they both declared they wanted to stay but suppose it could depend on whether Stewart signs or not... The rest of them I think we could do without! Harriotts could be a big player next season on the left wing, and Popo had a good season in the Reserves be good to see him break through next season!

2. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Of the out of contract players I’d like to keep:

Semedo – Only if he is prepared to play CB. IMO he’ll make a far better CB than CM.

Reid – Needs to play more regulary and IMO he’s easily good enough to play regular for us at this level be that on the left or right of midfield.

Dailly – Our most consistent CB all season and his wealth of experience and leadership must be retained in order to assist the young inexperienced players in the squad.

Anyinsah – Pay as you play play deal only… Spends far too much time on the treatment table for my liking so this type of deal might help motivate him to make the transition from the treatment room to the pitch a little more often

The Big Spaniard – Because MikeTyson will be inconsolable if he gets released.

3. Ryan-R-An-Addick

If Youga would actually play, definitely him.

Otherwise, the post above pretty much sums it up.

Oh yeah, wouldn't mind Ecclestone for another year either although it's unlikely.

4. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Franco your a gentleman and as scholar

5. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

I really wish my fellow addicks here would start to post and say how they are ready to shed the majority of what we have on our squad list, we need to accept what we have doesnt work and we need a BROOM.

We need to sign quality, not reinvigorate carcass's.

6. ForEverAnAddick

I totally agree Oz, we do need a big change in the summer with players.. Read Slaters comments on the CAFC website indicate he in willing to spend abit and bring in some quality! He said something like ''I want Chris Powell to build a squad not only to win promotion but to compete in the championship aswell'' Its encouraging signs!
    BWP has come out saying he feels we need another Striker to play alongside him! With the youngsters, and the contracted players and 7/8 GOOD signings I hope we're see a passionate team in the Charlton top next season!!

Realistally who is on your wish list for transfers then? The Striker i would snap up is Cody McDonald, he is going to be surplus to requirements at Norwich and he had a fantastic season with Gillingham!

7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Honest question, how would Benson perceived BWP's comments? Whilst I don't see Benson as the man to take us forward, we can't argue that he has been one of the better players since his return...

8. Belvedere to Charlton and back again!

I think the only ones up there we should keep are Semedo, Racon and if we could keep him fit Anyinsah. Daily is now too old maybe he could be convinced to take up a coaching role? to help develop youngsters? Stewart doesn't want to sign on and had rejected a new deal from us so he looks destined for the championship. Llera said to me after the game on saturday he won't be staying and Fortune is out for 6 months so i dont think there is any real point in renewing his contract, the wages would be better used else where.

I'd like to see us go for Richard Naylor to fill the gap left by Daily he is experienced and knows how to get out of this league. John Sullivan from what i've seen is a good keeper and could easily provide competition for elliot. I also think it wouldnt be a bad idea to go in for Kevin Kilbane who can play at left back seeing as we dont have one available with bessone leaving and youga looking like he will also leave :(

9. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Thats what im talking about, atleast 7-8 new players, significant ones too. No veterans who are rusting up and unknowns.

Cody mcdonald seems an ok option, what about as a midfielder tutte who is leaving man city ?

Benson is fine imo, keep him. He can be a rotated striker, he might not like bwp's comments, but it is not like clubs have 2 strikers on the books only.

10. Belvedere to Charlton and back again!

Would he not think himself better than us having coming from man city? and what about david norris who ipswich have released? he looked good over the two legs they played against arsenal in the carling cup this season

11. OzAddick

OzAddick Member

Tutte is looking like going to one of the clubs he was loaned out with, rochdale etc.. so if we came for him surely...... although even tutte is not the answer, he is just one of many possibilities.

Norris, yes... Who could we sign though who is a known player, a coup ?

12. Belvedere to Charlton and back again!

Its hard to say who we could sign because the calibre of player that we can attract has surely fallen with the fact we finished mid table this season. I guess it really comes down to can the chairman and mangement sell our club to the better players. The Players who will get us out of this league and keep us safe in the championship.
    For me we should definitely be looking at players like Norris and Naylor players who know what its all about to get out of this league and stay in the championship!

13. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

I think that 6 to 7 good quality players will see us in the promotion mix next season. I think that it is imperative that we get 2 central defenders,1 left back, 2 midfielders,2 front men. We need to also get rid of the dross.

14. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

I think Norris intends to join a Prem/Championship team, certain he wouldn't join a midtable League One team.

Strangely enough I had thought of Naylor and Kilbane myself (although was thinking of Kilbane at LM). Has anyone seen Bryan Hughes play recently? He must have seriously lost his form as his current and last team play in Non League (if I remember correctly).

I'd personally like to see us sign Showunmi (Tranmere) or Odejayi (Colchester). Both are target-men who have a bit of pace and skill to match.

15. Eastbourne Addick

Out with the old and in with the new :)<party>

16. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Odejayi is absolute pony. He and I went to the same school and played in the same football team... Well i played and he picked splinters out of his arse cos he couldn't get in the team. I might come across a bit bitter here but I'll never know how he made it as a pro footballer. I've played with dozens of better players than him!!

Don't get me wrong he's a big lump and he can shift but that's about it. He has absolutely no finesse in front of goal and his first touch is nonexistent.

He's an athlete and nothing more... Imo he's never going to be the answer in a million years. The poor mans Frank Nouble!!

17. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Agree with you Franco, if we are looking for somebody like that I would go for Akinfenwa from Gillingham, he's out of contract soon. I wonder what Deon's doing? always rated him (in L1) when fit.

18. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

I think we can forget McDonald, I'm convinced he'll be playing Championship or Prem football next season. He may go as cover for Holt and Jackson with Norwich, but I think it' s more likely one of the newly promoted sides or the Prem wannabees will buy him. When I posted about his performance for The Gills at Cheltenham this season, the Norwich faithful were surprisingly lukewarm about him, few of them seemed to think he'd make it - gotta say I disagree.

Based entirely on what I've seen in this division this season, I'd be happy to see any of the following pursued - Richards (Walsall); Green, Scannell, Nurse (Daggers); Prutton, Lescinel, McGovern (Swindon); Lewington (MK Dons); Kuffour (Bristle Rovers).

Getting players from higher divisions to sign up on anything but loan deals will be problematic IMO, but if Saints don't take up their option of signing Dany N'Guessan from Leicester, I reckon we should take another look at him.

I see the O/S is very quiet about our new signing (?) from Real Halesowen - maybe, despite his Twittering/Facebook stuff, it didn't come off. Anybody got any news?

19. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Please keep Bessone.

PLEASE!

20. houndal

houndal Member

Franco - 1 down 4 to go.