1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

conte post patch

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by george the blue, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Have to say, I am beginning to agree with this sentiment.
    Courtois isn't looking at all like the keeper he was supposed to become.
    And to think, a couple seasons ago people were arguing he was better than De Gea <doh>

2. The Ginger Marks

A couple of seasons ago he was!

3. Stan

Stan Stalker

Don't let London's Most Cowardly Fan see that. He'll go mental!

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

<laugh>

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

When you're looking at Moses as an option you are introuble. Hazard you need to sell while you can still get cash for him, no point dribbling all over the shop if you can't hit a barn door at the end of it.

6. The Ginger Marks

FB_IMG_1474875624700.jpg
    <laugh>

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

No, I'm in serious mode (for a change) I've voiced my opinion on Hazard a few times on here. Simply put there's not enough end product from him, goals or assists, he's highly rated and has purple patches but is he really the real deal, big no there from me.

Skylarker likes this.
  8. The Ginger Marks

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

WTF is that?

10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I get where you are coming from. Doesn't hurt teams enough. Too much beating a man, slowing down, beating him again, pass backwards to full back and repeat. Great technical player and good to watch but has to score and assist more to be up there with the best.

Maybe needs a central role but we're not blessed with wingers at the moment and that would mean Oscar and Fabregas probably being left out as well.

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I think it's certainly worth moving him to see if it brings out the best in him, if he adds goals and assists to his game he becomes world class.

12. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Ivanovic is the biggest problem. I don't even know how he got a new contract last season but it's one of life's mysteries how he's still getting in the team now. He's been awful for the best part of 18 months but gets picked EVERY week. Two of the worlds most respected managers have continued to pick him but i just don't see what he offers now? He's got absolutely no pace so any wide player can knock it a few yards into space and run round him. He'd work as a last resort option in the middle but he was gone as a full back last season. Absolute travesty if he gets another new deal.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

He's certainly the one from last year where you thought he needed replacing. Lots of players had a bad season but with his age, lack of pace and that he's never been a natural full back, all pointed to getting a new left back and sticking dave at right back. Well we've spent the last 3 years buying left backs for them all to start on the bench.

I think Conte has tried to largely stick to the system and formation and personnel the players are used to but it may be time to change things up now. Italian manager in place and Kante bought in, I thought Defence would be the least of our worries!! We're managing to make Kante look average now....

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  14. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He was one of the best 2 season ago..

Mediocrity is what you get - if you have no Challenge whatsoever.. He has gone dogshit.
    Thibo has no motivation thanks to no challenge in Belgium or Chelsea.

Same applies for De Gea - he is slowly turning average this season, Ex. Watford's first goal near post - De Gea went with leg casually - WTF was that. De Gea has no challenge he will become ordinary a la Thibo.

That is how our Defenders feel - they have no ****ing challenge - no motivation and they feel untouchables. Sad state.

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Maybe we need the 3 at the back system and sticking Willian and Hazard in central to run riot.

Courtois
    Terry Luiz Zouma (when fit)
    Dave Kante Matic
    Not sure I agree with that. Begovic hasn't been great when called upon, but has good pedigree compared to a lot of the back up keepers you get out there. On paper, he's a very good and better than most of the keepers outside the top 10. You can't have 2 top class keepers generally because a top class keeper wont sit on the bench every week. It's different in other positions but not for goalies. We've been lucky over the years to have had Carlo and 2 years ago, Cech, as back up. Can't expect that every year.

I'm just not sure Courtois is progressing as we'd hoped, or even if he's as good as he was at A.M. But I don't think the defensive problems we've had the past year or so help him. Especially as he's a relatively young keeper. Like many of our first team, he looked great 2 years ago under Jose in the first few months of the title winning season.

16. The Ginger Marks

Not exactly fair, when we had him and Cech it was swimming but you cannot keep two top international keepers who command a place and courtois was the younger better choice given he had a defence in front of him, sadly that's not the case now!

Blueman likes this.
  17. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Courtois looks disinterested. he got ticking off from Cahill (of all ppl) this weekend for not coming out to collect the ball..

just read on ESPN & had a oh **** moment..
    Fab played 120 mins mid week & started against ultra fast Goons. Fab did nothing all game.
    Recipe for disaster & rookie mistake from Conte. In all the Euphoria after Fab's 2 goal comeback against Leicester - everyone forgot how useless Fab can be after 120 mins..

Manager cannot afford to Forget simple things - hope Conte remembers <ok>

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Time to add some youth to your team, looking at this thread so many players are getting stick and you have some decent young lads is it time to replace the old fellas?

19. The Ginger Marks

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Where's the like button? <whistle>