1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Compensation

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Oct 11, 2011.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

There are winners and losers in the compensation game.

Any player that suffers major injuries during his career or whose career is finished due to injury or illness is normally covered by insurance deserves any compensation awarded and is technically a winner and a big loser.

Millen (as all managers) will be compensated for the balance of his contracts for getting the sack for failure,players who don't perform will continue to be paid a full whack until their contracts are up or they are bought out,agents keep all their monies for flogging the clubs these failures and even make money by moving the failures on,all these are winners..

The owners or shareholders and fans are the losers,the fans invest their money in season tickets and supporting the club and never get compensated for failure,the owners and shareholders shoulder the responsibility of funding all costs,buy-outs,contract disputes and all losses,these two groups are the major losers.

It's a strange system,some you win,some you lose..

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

unsubstantiated statement, Millen threw in the towel!

this is the saddest bit about football, money goes out the game via the leeches, the agents, who have all to gain nowt toulose, Its like us = football, pay into the lottery to enhance our way of life and large amounts go to third world countries,we forfeit our sport facilities, EVER BEEN TO FRANCE, SMALL VILLAGES HAVE MINI SPORT CENTRES compliments of the lotto!!!! illegals come in get paid to stay here send the money home, get deported and go home to riches, we= football pay for this with enhanced taxation and go without

dont want to turn this into "politics" but you are right WIZ
    if you said
    I would agree wholeheartedly

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

John,it says in todays evening post.....

'Steve Wigley could take charge of Bristol City's team to face Peterborough United in the npower Championship this Saturday.

City officials are seeking a replacement for Keith Millen, who was sacked as manager eight days ago.'

4. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I've not seen it written anywhere that Millen resigned.

5. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I remember them saying Keef was disappointed, but understood the reasons - does not sound like a resignation situation (sorry sounded like Glen Hoddle then!)

6. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

'parted company' seems to be the term.
    Millen won't have 'sacked' on his CV and in return City won't have to buy out all of his contract.
    Trebles all round!

7. johngalleyfan2

wiz
    3 words
    ALSO CS stated yesterday SW would be taking charge on Saturday, the last time I bought the BEP was when Peter Godsiff wrote for it...didnt believe much then....but saved a fortune since, thats why I drive a Bentley

8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

So you're wrong then?

9. johngalleyfan2

who is what is

Every report I have read says he left, and I dont blame him, the team just aint been good enough, whether he picked what we wanted or not, THEY JUST CAPITULATED UNDER PRESSURE, 3 or 4 played for City the rest didnt seem to care a hoot....

A defeat on Saturday will be serious..................no wonder everyman and his dog are applying, from rock bottom they can only hope they steer clear, we would have anyway................what a chance to top up your pension, finish above relegation in the bottom 6 CV says took over an ailing team saved them from L1...THEN RESIGN NEXT season to take over another side with a success behind you!!!!

10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

You can look at the sacking/resigned situation one of two ways. I read that Millen had 'reluctantly accepted the situation' from Lansdown/Sexstone after the Blackpool humiliation, so did he A) Think he could still turn it around, or B) Was he oblivious to the dwindling crowds, lack of tactics, no home wins, general dis-satisfaction amongst supporters ?

AS JGF2 says, another home defeat, or actually us failing to win on Saturday will be serious, especially if the clubs around us pick up any points. What I'd like to see is the hunger we had in the 2nd half against Hull for the whole 90 minutes against Peterborough and 3 points.

COYR !!!!!!!

11. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

Going back to the original comment, this is the joy of football.

Because of the short term nature of the career for players, say 20 years average, they sign contracts based on their past performance which is all anyone can go by and they are valued accordingly - rising stars are snapped up on lucrative, long term contracts and it is the same for managers, GJ being the prime example. His star was waxing when he signed his new 5 year deal and we were keen to reward and keep the guy who had bought some success back to the club so the contract is the way to do this however it was all down hill from then on...

But, as we all know only too well, past performance is no guarantee for the future and it can be hard for both players and managers to perform to peak level for the full term of their contract at which point managers get the boot and players sit on the bench, go out on loan or get a deal to be released...

It is the relatively short term nature of the game itself that creates this situation....