1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chaplow Banned for Bournemouth?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Carnesaint, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Carnesaint

Carnesaint New Member

Was that his fith yellow card on tuesday? Big loss if it was especially as the tackle he put in was brilliant and he 100% played the ball. Goebern should relish this opportunity on saturday to really show what he can do for us. I was impressed with him on tuesday when he came on, thought he looked bright and could have scored a goal.

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

According to OS, Chaplow has had 7 yellow cards. Has he served a suspension already?

3. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

I think it is 10 yellow cards now for a suspension now.

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Glad you said that SAINTDON13. I had a vision of us missing a suspension and having points deducted...nervous sweat time.

5. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

No we are into the second half of the season so he can get up to another 3 before a one match ban comes into effect. He very much was hard done by with the booking on Tuesday. I think he got it because the foot was slightly raised.

6. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Found this on another board, no idea what the source is but it looks official! The fines look a bit daft for professional footballers though:

5 Cautions
    If a player receives 5 cautions between the first day of the season and 31st December they will be suspended for a period of 1 match and be fined £15. If a player receives a 5th caution after the 31st December they will be warned as to their future conduct.

10 Cautions
    If a player receives 10 cautions between the first day of the season and the second Sunday in April they will be suspended for a period of 2 matches and be fined £15. If a player receives a 10th caution after the second Sunday in April they will be severely censured and warned as to
    their future conduct.

15 Cautions
    If a player receives 15 cautions playing between the first and last day of the season they will be suspended for a period of 3 matches and be fined £15.

20+ Cautions
    If a player is cautioned 20 times between the first and last day of the season they will be charged with continuing misconduct. For every 5 cautions they receive thereafter they will be charged with continuing misconduct.

The suspension received is from ALL football and is cleared by the qualifying matches that he received the cautions for. For example, if a player receives 15 first team cautions they will be suspended from all football until the first team have completed the relevant number of qualifying fixtures.

7. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Actually that sounds like amateur rules, although I think they apply equally to the professional game except the fines of course........

8. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

I think they are the same.

9. Carnesaint

Carnesaint New Member

That is good news he will be needed on Saturday best 50k we ever spent.

10. bambi

bambi Member

although i really like chaplow as a player, whether you get the ball or not if both feet come of the ground and your studs are showing then it is definately a yellow sometimes a red