1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chance Blown

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, Dec 10, 2016.

1. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

With Leeds losing last night & Birmingham & Sheffield Wednesday losing today, City had a fantastic chance to move into the top six and gain a play-off place. Even a draw would have seen us go above Wednesday on goal-difference.
    All we had to do was beat a team who hadn't won a home game since August & who hadn't beaten us in ages, that team, Barnsley. Did we rise to the occasion and come out all guns blazing and blow them away like we did Brentford last week and carry on the good work from last week? - NO! No, we fluffed our chance of going into the top 6 and lost to a side that we are more than capable of beating. It seems all the good work of last week has been undone
    2 seasons agp we would have trounced teams like Barnsley, some of our players need to take a good look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves why are they not performing to the standards that won us the play-off final, caused Alex Neil to pay out big money for them or who fans were desperate for the club to keep.

ilovedelia, ncgandy and RiverEndRick like this.
  2. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Yeah.

3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

One of the best posts I've read in weeks Jedi.
    OK, AN might have got his starting 11 wrong yesterday, but the players need to up their game whoever the opposition is. I quite regularly check the 'player ratings' in the Evening News and TOO often, too many players are getting below 6, so it's not difficult to understand why we're losing games that we should be winning comfortably.