1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship wage cap to be implemented

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Jerel Ifil, Jun 8, 2011.

1. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

2. Cosmic_LUFC

Cosmic_LUFC Active Member

it's defo a good thing

3. leedsmadness

leedsmadness Member

There also a comment on the LUFC website posted today, Cant believe you move me,

4. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Mwoohahaha <laugh>

Glad the clubs are throwing themselves into the firing line here. I doubt the same will ever happen in the Premiership.

5. Penshawdave

Penshawdave Well-Known Member

"The Championship clubs agreed to work towards the new regulations being "developed and approved by the beginning of the 2012/13 season"."

Its great if it happens...but there are some very clever people/agents/managers/offshore owners/Swiss bankers/KB types around that will make policing the "agreement" very difficult. Where there's a will there's a way. <gift>

6. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Agree with Penshawe, as we chat the clubs will be instructing their lawyers to go find the loopholes. Knowing the FA they'll have screwed up somewhere along the line.

7. Have_Somma_That

Have_Somma_That New Member

Very interesting thread, it poses a lot questions and on the face of it looks to be beneficial to Leeds United FC. I wonder would success and appeareance based bonuses be included in the total, if so this would make for an extremely complicated budgeting process, and if not I'm sure players basic salaries would be structured as to ensure that they are as low as possible, with large bonuses as add-ons to entice players to football clubs.

8. coalville-white

Good point Somma appariantly the system has been opperating in league 2 for a while does anybody know how it was structured.
    There rolling it out to League one next so there cannot be much tweaking around required to make the system work.. However league 2 clubs proberbly dont employ lawyers to get around it time will tell if it works but it boads well for teams that have chairman who are not preparred to gamble the clubs future by paying excessive wages