1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship here we come

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by 2010 tops dog, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

And yet it turns out getting rid of Alan was actually the catalyst for our demise. Looks like Palace are suffering the same.

Don't know what you've got till its gone.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  3. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I'd argue that selling our better players (Cabaye, Ba) and bringing in ****e was the catalyst for our demise. Mostly overseen by Pardew. He never felt in control either of the team or the transfers, that said the season when we finished 5th was one of the best seasons I've seen of us and I will always be thankful to him for that.

4. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

Pardew got lucky in his first full season when the starting 11 virtual picked itself he then proved he had zero plan b and his sheer lack of man management or tactical awareness was his actually down fall.

He proved at palace with a very decent squad this season how poor he really is.
    Each club he has been to the same thing has happened.

The damage he caused whilst at the club was our demise as he should have gone 2 years previous.

People use the flawed argument about him losing his top players, granted it does not help but that happens in football look at Southampton but as a manager its about getting the most out of what you have which he failed to do apart from Pardew the likes of Ben arfa etc.

In 2012/13 he had a decent team with some talented individuals but we only stayed up thanks to a win on the last day of the season.

5. 2010 tops dog

Yes I would much rather have him than Rafa

6. Warmir Pouchov

Me too. Rafa has no plan B. As soon as he lost Shelvey he fell to pieces, and that''s a Championship level with the best squad. He has one way of playing and doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of the likes of Mitrovic.

Conte he most certainly is not.

7. 2010 tops dog

We have a good championship squad that's it people who expect to win every game or the reason the media suggest we are deluded.
    we have no player like shelvey hence any club would miss him, mitro goal ratio is stunning per mins played but as much as I love him he can be a liability
    Look out what he got out of Townsend vs inepdue this season at palace

8. Warmir Pouchov

To be fair HBA is just a tosser. I mean Puel did well with him didn't he. But that Unai Emery is obviously a pile of crap. 3 consecutive Europa League wins but so so what.

9. 2010 tops dog

More to do with PSGs strength and depth look at cayabe same applies I take it ??
    Ben arfa was superb at Lyon or which ever club he went to before PSG

10. Warmir Pouchov

I'm obviously taking the piss - but there is no doubt unless you are blinkered that Rafa came up short in Shelvey's absence. Nothing to do with delusion or expecting to win every game.

He had the squad to get the results. He could have switched to a back 3, played 442 etc etc. He just ploughed on playing the same way over and over getting **** results - it was terrible management. He just kept playing Dummett, Anita and Colback when the team blatantly lacked pace. We have been forced to bring in Yedlin and hey presto we look dangerous. That Lazaar must have stiffed Rafa's missus or something. No matter how bad Dummett plays he gets picked. A blind man can Mitrovic needs pace around him. Either in a 442 with Gayle, or a 343 with Perez and Ritchie playing off him.

I work in construction and I can work these things out.

I like Rafa but if he tries that same belligerence and stubbornness in the PL we'll be playing fizzy pop football again in no time. That is my honest brutal assessment. I also think we'd need 5-8 players if we went up.

Townsend? Pardew did well with him at the start of the season. I personally think the lad is fairly limited. Impossible to compare really, totally different situations, personnel and styles of play.

Being serious for a minute I think Pardew is a very run of the mill manager. Nowhere near as bad as some like to make out so they can have their scapegoat mind, but still not great. You can't compare his track record with Rafa, light years apart.

Am I convinced we are getting the best version of Rafa? No. I think he has already done wonders for the club on and off the pitch. I just think he is a bit behind the more forward thinking managers now and has become quite stubborn about how he wants to play. Just not my type of manager. I much prefer the Pochettino's, Bielsa's etc who have a style but adapt.

Salomon #9 likes this.

11. Warmir Pouchov

<laugh> Mate you sound like a fanboy. He has behaved like an utter tit once again. He fell out with the coach again. He has been unprofessional again. He turned up for pre season fat again. The kid is a complete waster. Supremely talented but for every season like us in 2010 or Nice in 2015, there are another 10 seasons where he has fallen out with all in sundry and just generally. His career is littered with it, completely blown his whole career, all of his own making, its not even a debate. Believing HBA is not the problem is completely delusional.

Cabaye asked to leave because he wasn't getting a game, that's fair enough.

12. 2010 tops dog

Fair assement pal, I have many issues with Rafa his continued delaying of making a change being one of them but in general he has a plan and we need to back him.

In terms of next season I believe we will look completely different which I am confident we will be.

This season target was promotion that's the first stage of the plan which we are on course and let's be honest If it was not for Brightons awesome season we would have been out of sight at the top.

13. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Pardew is still a ****.

:)

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  14. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

It's interesting reading this vecUse you had people having a right go st you, however all you were saying was the truth .

I've never understood why some people look at everything through rose tinted glasses and why they react to anyone who doesn't in an unpleasant fashion as if being deluded helps in some way