1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Central Station malarky. Trial this week.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by psycho, Feb 7, 2011.

1. psycho

psycho Member

Couple of not guilty verdicts starting to trickle down.

NP ****ting themselves. Preparing to bring out the injured dog photographs again, with poorly paws and everyhting.

2. Dyno

Dyno Member

Yeah, I wonder if them lads will get a refund on there season ticket and an apology.

If NQ wants more people in the stadium, he doesnt want to be pissing people off with this incident.

3. psycho

psycho Member

Doubt it.

It's less to do with SNQ and more to do with the way football fans in general, in this country are treat as 2nd class citizens. I think it's more the Premier League and old bill guidelines to ban everything and everyone until innocence is proven, that is passed onto clubs.

It was a right royal **** up whichever way you look at it.

4. Dyno

Dyno Member

You will probably find a lot of those fans who are in court wont go back to the SOL even if they are found innocent, cant blame them either

5. psycho

psycho Member

Aye, i'm in nee doubt about that.

They were shafted from a big height, ST holders as well. The club would do well to form their own inquiry into the handling of this, suppose thats for another day though.

6. MackemNomad

MackemNomad Member

The whole thing stinks. Couldn't believe some of the crap that NP cam out with. Feel sorry for the fans caught up in this through no fault of their own. Hope the club do the right thing.

7. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Excuse the ignorance, but I obviously missed something! Can someone tell us exiles what this is all about please?

8. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Best place to start mate. <ok>

http://www.fsf.org.uk/sunderlandfans/

9. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

It relates back to a pre-season friendly in 2009 away to Hearts. When Sunderland fans travelling back by train were met at Newcastle station by a load of police with their nice friendly dogs...The police proceded to use these friendly dogs as a means to "control" fans who wanted nothing more than to get the metro out of the place...Fans who were bitten and beaten responded by showing there anger and many were arrested for having the audacity of trying to prevent their backsides, or worse, from being bitten off by kicking out at these friendly police dogs...Others were arrested for just being there...
    All the fans who were arrested were banned from the SoL by the club, even though they had not faced trial.
    I actually wrote to the club to say how strongly I felt about them punishing fans before they have faced trial, and that they should follow the rule of. innocent until proven guilty'...

10. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Anyone worried about the poor dogs that were so savagely attacked by those nasty Sunderland supporters putting their body parts in the dogs mouths, will be pleased to know not one dog needed veterinary care. <ok>

11. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Cheers MR & RAW, I remember it now. I can't believe it's gone on this long :shocked: I hope justice prevails ;)

12. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

Psycho - Got any links so I can see what the latest crack is? Cheers

13. Dyno

Dyno Member

14. sand dancer in siam

Hope someone can direct me to a paper with decent coverage at no cost to myself as it wont be covered out here by the Bangkok Post. Takes them months to inform people whats happening in this country.

15. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

16. mmickey1

mmickey1 Member

There is no such thing as a bad dog. Only bad owners or in this case handlers.

I have to ask the question why did they turn the dogs lose and shouldn't the RSPCA be making a fuss over this.

Its incidents like this that is generating resistance to the merging of Durham Police with Northumbria.