1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Central League vs Newport (today)

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Brown's ok! What we need, though is one or two experienced old heads who are good at leading and organising things. I've no idea why DC's given McCrystal the heave ho really because he usually keeps things tight. He got undone at Fleetwood, but he was one of the best in the side against the cobblers.

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Very sorry CJS we can't all be perfect

3. old timer

Next Tuesday sees us play Peterborough in the next central league fixture, I wonder how many trialist's will be in the Rovers squad players like Liam Lawrence looking for clubs or have the club given up on bringing anyone else in.

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Eh?

5. old timer

Re you comment about my comment about Ryan Delaney on previous page CJS

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I just checked and I didnt respond to any of your comments on the previous page? Im not sure if im being really thick here and missing the obvious or you may be mistakened?

7. old timer

CJS you put a piece headed up more info on Gassyade comments. I then asked why we would want to give a trial to Ryan Delaney who was on the books of a championship club, you responded with THATS exactly what I wroteabove to which you replied to. to which I replied sorry CJS we cant all be perfect

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Oh ok. Now I can see what you are on about. But unfortunately you have got the wrong end of the stick my friend. The response from me that you are on about wasnt actually a response to you. My response just happened to be directly below your post, but it wasnt a response to you. Look back again at my comment and you will see just above my response within my response that I had quoted seamge's comment, showing my response was actually directed to him. Hence my confusion now with you <ok>

old timer likes this.
  9. old timer

Hope they do a team sheet at Tuesday's central league game against Peterborough, it will be interesting to see if there are any players not attached to the club playing and also to see if the players who have been told they no longer have future at the club will be involved to assist them in finding new clubs, it was also interesting to note in DCs interview that he isn't going to recall Easter to the squad but actually involve Luke James

10. old timer

Central league game against Peterborough tomorrow 7/2/2017 KO 1-30 at the lawns training ground

11. old timer

Ex Crewe defender James Baillie a defender and Scott Coughlan a young welsh GK on trial

12. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Line Up Vs Peterborough

Will Puddy, James Clarke, Jonny Burn, Danny Greenslade, Bob Harris, Luke Russe, Ryan Broom, Cristian Montano, James Spruce, Lewis Ellington, Jay Malpas, Tyler Lyttle, Jordan Carey, Dan Laminum, Sam Iles, Conor Jones and trialists James Baillie and Scott Coughlan

13. old timer

Central league against Cheltenham today Aaron Downes played C Defence looked good said he left Rovers about 6 seasons ago. Cheltenham had quite an experienced team out. No team sheets again so I am unable to give the names of some players. There were good performances from the no 4 and 5 particularly stood out. Joe Partington and Lee Manse played well as did the F Bs. Ryan Broome worked hard but his crosses were poor and Monty left his shooting boots at home. Jamie Lucas and his strike partner didn't look as if they were going to get the better of their defence and when Ellington and Spruce came on they added some much needed pace upfront. Monty was also subbed but didn't have a great deal of time to do anything. Lost the game 2-0
    Spoke to the ref afterwards and he said it was one of the best games he had reffed as both teams tackled and wanted to win unlike a prem team game he reffed at this level where they just passed the ball about without much commitment to obtain a result
    This is my opinion of todays game feel free to disagree