1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Celebrity Endorsements

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sb_73, Dec 26, 2016.

1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

My son, who is bar manager for a branch of a chain of pizza restaurants, and also works sections of the floor when needed, served the Wasps players Danny Cipriani and Christian Wade, with a few of their hangers on, on Christmas Eve. They had just played and beaten Bath, and most of them live around here (doubtless after checking Coventry out and concluding it is no place to live). They had £200 worth of food (very little booze) and didn't have to pay anything because Cipriani has a 'black card' which means he just needs to Tweet to his 50,000 followers that he has eaten at the restaurant in return for free food. They did leave a very healthy tip though (and this chain is one that properly divides its tips, in full, between the staff every evening).

I may be naive, and not playing on Twitter, ignorant, but is this kind of endorsement common practice? I don't think I have a problem with it, just a new one to me. For twitter users on here, do you see a lot of celebrity product placement on it (or Facebook for that matter, this forum is the only social media I partake of apart from Linked In, which I hardly ever look at)?

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

It depends who you follow, I tend to only follow those that interest me and other accounts mainly for info. I've never posted a 'tweet'. There are sponsored tweets that you receive which irritate but it is an effective means of sharing info and someone with a big following can really spread your 'message'. Good for 'live' updates in all sports whichever team you are following...

sb_73 likes this.
  3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Nandos are well known for their black card.

Makes sense really- rather than £200 of revenue that chain and particularly that store will probably generate thousands off the back of a decent tweet.

Personally I'd be inclined to avoid somewhere that a mediocre Premier League footballer went. All sorts of Z listers endorse a Lebanese place called Sheesh in Essex and now every **** and his brother tweets and posts pics about it.

sb_73 likes this.