1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can't ask for more than that

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Away win, three goals scored, first time we've won our first fixture for a while.

Can't ask for more than that.

PB's B&W Army! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

It sounded as though the way we won today was impressive. Not many sides will go to Wimbledon and get three points.

Three home games to look forward to now.Hopefully the crowds will come flooding back.

3. pauldon

pauldon New Member

Watched on tv and after a cagey first 10 minutes I thought we played very well and took the goals well. Wimbledon came back in the second and we lost our composure. Gill was excellent in the first half looks good, I like his free kicks and corners. When was the last time we had so many shots overall and shots on target. Looks good so far but mustn't get too far ahead of ourselves.

4. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A 'thoroughly satisfactory' start to the season. There will be ups and downs but I think
    we will enjoy this season.

5. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

When was the last time we had 15 efforts on goal? Especially away.

That, my friends, is cause for celebration. <party>

6. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi guys, Chelsea fan in peace.

I went to the game today and thought you guys played very well. I had you down as favourites for promotion prior to the match and it looks like your performance proved that.

Your first half performance in particular was impressive. You pressed the ball very well and forced AFC to make mistakes, hence how you scored both your opening goals. The workrate of your players in particular was impressive and I thought Anyinsah and Carayol in particular were outstanding. Impressive buys for you guys.

Apart from the odd racist fan I came across I thought your fans in general were superb and well behaved. Really and truly with away support like that you don't deserve to be in League 2 and I wish you the best of luck in getting out of the division <ok>

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

' Apart from the odd racist fan I came across..'

This is a sad statement,don't your elements know it's now 2011.......

8. Rhinestone Gashead

Wiz - how was it down the "Gate" this afternoon? Hope the language wasn't too bad - after all I've never heard anything racist or derogitory from a She Ted!! ;-)

9. Rhinestone Gashead

Oh - and thanks for the thumbs up District Line - unfortunately all teams still have a few of "those" so called fans - thankfully we don't have that many! The Premiership is a million miles away from our standard of football ... but I'd like to think it was a good old fashioned "English" game you saw today, and as long as the football is played in the right spirit and the right way then you won't hear any complaints from me. I would like to say "good luck" in the prem - but I'm sure you won't need it!!

10. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Wiz, clutching at straws a bit old fella. You're a decent type so I'm slightly disappointed that you've chosen to take this position. Unfortunately, all clubs have their share of Neanderthals, the Gas no more or less than anyone else - Teds included.

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

if there was any racist remarks then those who heard it should of complained to a steward and got the dickhead chucked out. yes it still happens within any clubs supporters but its not acceptable. i for 1 will complain if i heard such a thing by me. but it will depend on how much alcohol i have in me. i might even beat the crap out of them 1st!

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bbd,don't pick on me because another contributor heard and watched some " gasheads" being racist and I was careful to use the word elements..

Positions are not being taken and we were deservedly thumped today and well done on your narrow victory but remember they were in the blue square last year and you were in league 1,so I think you should have won the game anyway.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

"so I think you should have won the game anyway" -- you know i like you wiz but if you truely believe that then i would be very disappointed in you. i mean you know football is a funny ole game, you know what today meant for wimbledon. a lot of clubs even your club going by todays result would fo buckled under the pressure vs wimbledon. a win today is a great result for us, no matter if it was by 1 goal or 3.

14. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Wize, I was disappointed/annoyed because you chose to react to such a comment when you know full well that our club has no more or less idiots than any other.

But no hard feelings old fella.:emoticon-0115-inlov

15. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Good start, but our defence needs sorting out pretty quickly!

16. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

And so do ours!!!! personaly think Rovers result at Wimbledon was a terrific start for the gas, not many teams will go there & win. We have Cardiff & Leicester away in our next two League games, OMG! still you never know with City.

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

hey wiz, have you seen shinys comment about the city fan by him being racist towards your 'top' striker maynard??

18. gashead1

gashead1 Active Member

i been told 7 years since we won our first fixture?
    cracking day out today, two sides battling it out in end to end football. i would put todays fixture down as one of our most challenging fixtures of the season, and to
    get all three points is cracking.
    as for the racist comment, i never heard any such comments throughout the day from were i was, and can safely say i cant remember the last time i heard a racist comment at football??? and i attend many,many games??? but if true they dont speak for 99% of our fans.

19. roverstileyedie

roverstileyedie New Member

Wiz - I remember some examples of good behaviour from your "fans" in the past. Spitting on your own players for example. Disgusting.

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Well I don't know how to respond,HELLO it was a Chelsea fan who heard "gashead" racists and put it up on your board not me,indeed I did react and I'm glad I did and I know we all have elements within our clubs who let us down but I don't think it is acceptable.

Now to be honest I love WUMMING you lot up but this has exploded out of proportion and I'm not trying to prove anything but if you don't like my opinions tough but I quite like you blue few but christ,we've all got the same probs and I know 99% of you people are just like us and I don't think you are any different in the way you feel..

Now I know you are all a sanctimonious,superior band of brigands but you really must get rid of your inferiority complex or Paul Buckle will resign..