1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can we win the league this year?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, Oct 3, 2016.

?

Can we win the league?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2016.
  1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Spurs worry me more than the other two, they hardly seem to concede any goals. I didn't think they'd score enough but they're doing well so far

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

An implosion is around the corner....

PINKIE likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The Spuds are just building up expectations for the fans, before the inevitable bottle job and finishing below Arsenal once again.

Cruel of them to do it to their own fans, but funny as **** for us :)

4. lazarus20000

They seem to do it when their fans are at their most orgasmic too.

5. lazarus20000

This place has gone full on graveyard since the Internationals started. Also probably not the best to put out a poll out either...I hope the break doesn't mess up our momentum.

6. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Yeah agreed. Soo bored with the International break.

"I cant wait for England to play Moldova" ... said nobody ever.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You can almost feel the anticipation buzzing in the air .....

8. lazarus20000

They have to spin a non-story like Rooney being benched to bring attention to what England are doing. No one cares about either...

PINKIE likes this.
  9. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

I feel this thread needs an injection of my optimism!

Hell, yes we can!<cheers>

PINKIE likes this.
  10. TheBear

I actually think we are the best equipped to win the league for the first time in years.

In November we normally have a few injuries and typically drop a load of points. This Season I think we are in a much better place to make it through this period without having to play catchup.

If you look at the squad now...

We have:

In midfield Ramsey, Coquelin, Chamberlain and Elneny all ready to come in Should Xhaka, Cazorla or Ozil get injured.

With Sanchez up front we have Giroud, Wellbeck and Perez as backup/alternatives.

In defence Mertesacker, Holding and Gabriel as adequate backup to Mustafi and Koscielny. Even Ospina is looking like a decent second alternative.

I still rate Guardiola as the best manager - so City will be up there for sure. Spurs also look like they will come close.
    We genuinely could win the league this year. Saying that though. We should have won it last year. (but our squad is better this time round)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The squad is looking much better this season, so Wenger deserves credit for that. We must though ensure that we don't throw away any cheap points. Yesterday we got all 3, but it could easily have been a draw. Okay we will come up against teams who are just better than us on the day, but we must make sure we put games to bed that we're in control of. I think this will be the difference between us being there abouts or winning the league.

TheBear and ToledoTrumpton like this.
  12. ToledoTrumpton

I agree, I think in years past, we might not have had the experience to hold onto the win, and we would also have (as already pointed out) miss a midfielder like Xhaka more during his inevitable ban.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

In seasons gone by we would have been ****ed as soon as Coq got injured, but with Xhaka and now Elneny to come in, we've got the position sorted.

14. lazarus20000

I think we have a lot more to be optimistic about this year. As Piskie mentioned, we would have been fcked if someone like Coqs was injured n the past but we've managed to soldier on with good quality solid replacements available. In my opinion, it is this that will make us competitive all the way till the end. We have as much chance of winning it this year than any other team, something i haven't said in quite some time. It going to go right right to the wire for me.

But it's not just me, but the poll reflects the overall optimism among us. It'll be interesting to see what the next poll's result brings.

15. lazarus20000

Ok so 60% of 606'ers think that we can win the title. Good stuff. I will do another poll around halfway and see how that comes back.

16. TheBear

My only concern is that Wenger tends to be a little scared to rotate.

Perez, Ramsey and Elneny need to come in to help keep Sanchez, Ozil etc.. in good shape for the second half of the Season.

Games like Ludogorets are a good oppurtunity to get some rotation in. Especially considering we often drop points after Champions League matches

17. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

It's a pretty vague poll title though as has already been mentioned.

Any of United, Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal could win the league.

Heck if the Leicester squad of 15/16 can win the league the list could probably be even longer.

'can' is not the right question to ask. Indeed, it's slightly odd that 100% don't think we 'can'. Our squad is easily good to enough to win this league. 'can' should not be any doubt. It's 'will' that's the better question.

18. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

We need to see if the current fluid attacking trio system really works against deep defending teams and if Perez, Ox, Welbeck, Ramsey and even Giroud will be able to slot if anyone gets injured. If this attacking system proves working and keeps scoring, then we have all the chances because we are covered in midfield, defence and goal pretty well. And look at the bench - no kids.

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  19. ToledoTrumpton

Almost as pleasing as the 6-0 was, it was almost as nice to see the pundit-loved and declared, almost invincible, Man City get humped.

PINKIE and Sign Da Ting like this.
  20. AndyI

AndyI Well-Known Member

Away to Barca, no suprise there!!

Loads of pundits talking bollox to big up the PL as usual.

Barca, Real, Bayern and Athletico are more likely to win it than any PL team (and you can probaby add Juve to that list too)