1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can anyone offer a lift ?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Apr 29, 2017.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

..... to the players going to Northampton - we need to save on the expense of away travel !

I've been to many away games this season ( and in seeeevvveerralll seasons in the past ), when the team coach has arrived at a venue after the fans' coach(es). I always consider that the players may not be in the best physical condition to play a football match -- despite all the 'warm - up'.

I appreciate that we don't normally do overnight stops - because of the cost - but - surely the players need to travel up to Northampton this evening ? I know that it's not the longest journey in the world - but the players will have the same journey as the rest of us - and I know that I won't appreciate having to drag myself out of bed about 5.30am on a Sunday morning --- and I only have to sit in a coach ( when I eventually get to the pick up point ) - I won't have to be playing in a vital football match.

IF we can't be 'professional' for once, we don't deserve the result needed to stay up.

2. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Don't worry. No expense spared for a big occasion. The team are camping on the M1 Embankment just south of Northampton.

alwaysright likes this.