1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cameron McGeehan!

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by canary-dave, Jan 3, 2017.

1. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

2. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

Shows about as much ' class ' as Nigel Farage and that's saying something!

canary-dave likes this.
  3. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

That's football gone crazy, gutted for McGeehan though.

canary-dave likes this.
  4. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ. That's mental from the ref, and the scuzzer fans. "Lack class" doesn't even come close.

5. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Is anyone entirely sure what he received the yellow for, I know the report says so, but punching the ground seems highly unlikely, might have been a hefty tackle which caused the break - but as for the fans, they´re just louts.

6. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hello Dave <ok>

Unfortunately the lame comments by Nathan Jones, the Luton Manager, does not show the whole picture of what happened leading up to that incident !

McGeehan had earlier collided with a Pompey player and went running to the referee complaining that he had been elbowed. The incident occurred directly in front of where I was sitting, and can confirm that no elbow was used on him. That behaviour incensed Pompey's fans.

A few minutes later he went in hard on Michael Doyle and obviously injured himself whilst doing so. Our keeper throw the ball into touch so that he could receive medical treatment. It was at that stage that the player showed complete childish petulance, shouting at everyone around him, including the officials, medical staff, etc. Infact according to a friend of mine sitting nearer to that incident, he even spat at Pompey's doctor who was trying to treat him! He was put on the stretcher, but immediately got off, and started punching the pitch. That is when the referee booked him. At that time, no one was aware of the nature of the injury, so everyone understandably believed he was play acting.

Due to this, and the V signs aimed at Pompey fans in the Fratton End, he received verbal abuse on his way off the pitch.

I do hope he makes a speedy recovery, but I blame his inexperienced manager for making such inflammable comments immediately after the game, which should be retracted due to his obvious lack of knowledge of the circumstances of the incident.

Strange Jones failed to hear the sick chants from his own Luton fans of "Let him die, let him die, let him die", aimed at our right back Gareth Evans who was receiving treatment after an accidental clash of heads with a Luton player <doh>

End of rant !! <cheers>

7. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Hi Woopert,

Having not been there I can't possibly comment with any knowledge, but I have to say I'm sure other Canaries will back me when I say that doesn't sound at all like the Cameron that was our FA Youth Cup winning captain, he was a hard but fair tackling hard working and tenacious player.

You were there so I say thank you for your post and I guess CM must have become more cynical since he left us. <cheers>

8. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hi Dave,

I blame Luton's manager Nathan Jones for working his players up prior to the game starting, quite a few of them were "fired up". I have seen the following message on the Portsmouth News site, which is rather interesting..........

"3:58 PM on 03/01/2017: Ok Jeff. Are you reading this? Take a look at the rhetoric used by one Nathan Jones vis a vis luton's visit to Plymouth last season and the report by the herald about Mr Potts rolling off the pitch and then back on the pitch to get the game stopped. Peter Hartley remonstrated the gamesmanship with Potts and Jones. Jones answer was to lambast the Plymouth fans as , you guessed it, classless! He has form. It's his troops which carry out his game plan and his troops including mcgeehan especially who had already blatantly chopped down 2 or 3 players by the time he went for Doyle. He came off worse and by his own hand. But we as fans have seen enough time wasting from so many visiting teams that crying wolf is certainly an explanation. However, the lad who I wish a speedy recovery did treat those trying to treat him with petulance and contempt. He wasn't in that much pain and even provoked is a role model, injured or not his giving the bird and spitting were inexcusable. You reap what you sow. Nathan Jones is using us as a deflection, he has form and may I suggest he gets a hearing test for his right ear. He heard the booing of his player but not the chants of let him die by the Luton fans with Evans down. Did they even put the ball out? So if anyone is showing a classless attitude I suggest he look closer to home!

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...t-two-sides-to-mcgeehan-pompey-boos-1-7755814

canary-dave likes this.