1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bury v Sunderland *** IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFO INCLUDED

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by marcusblackcat, Aug 10, 2017.

1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

On steroids!!!! Me too. He's class

Brian Storm likes this.
  2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He he, Bri loves Gooch...

Brian Storm likes this.
  3. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Quick match rundown anyone?

2-10s suck.

4. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I'm hearing Carlisle away next round but nowt official yet.

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Yeah that is official now mate. Decent draw.

Billy Death likes this.
  6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Not a classic match, Bury did almost nothing attack wise but we looked well organised and up for it. Lack of quality from us in attack but plenty of enthusiasm and with better finishing we could have scored a few.

Stand out player was Honeyman, he faded in and out but more in and scored a goal which he started and finished with a lovely chip over the keeper. Looks a very competent player with a lot of potential.

7. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

What about our defence?

Untested?

Read a few moans about the gk

8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

They were fairly busy and all did ok, Galloway and Browning were good as was O'Shea and Matthews looks about as good as Jones.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the keeper so far but he had **** all to do so not much to go on. He punched one clear when he could have caught it but nothing major and his kicking was solid.

commachio likes this.
  9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Khazri needs to buy some boots that will help stop him slipping onto his arse when he's through on goal.

10. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

He wants to f@ck off, fat useless lazy good for nowt. We are stuck with Roly Poly

11. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

If you say so. I thought he tried hard but it wasn't his day.

12. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Good idea. ****ing get rid of possibly our best player..

13. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

A couple of lads had text me about that but I never heard the draw on the radio.

14. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Carlos Edwards

15. clockstander

No one has mentioned Gibson who ran Honeyman close for MoM from start to finish he was everywhere, but for what its worth I thought Grayson played a blinder with his subs they were spot on, To see three of our young guns in the attacking positions at the end was a joy, yes it was only Bury but they gave us a great run out and for 60 minutes it could have gone their way, Honeyman looks an absoloute star in the making and Gooch is also outstanding, both are pushing to be regulars, Asoro has real quality but looks like he is trying a bit too hard to live up to his reputation atm, shame he missed the one chance that came his way, but the fact that Grayson mentioned Maja in his post match interview reflects his thoughts on our way forward, throw Watmore in, and we have an exiting time ahead imo. I am genuinely enjoying our season so far, I am sure this club of ours has halted the slide with the whole team looking united again, well done all of them. <ok>

Bexinio and Nacho like this.
  16. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about Asoro I thought the same thing, his quality on the ball is obvious but he'd do better to concentrate on doing the basics.

Interesting about Gibson, I noticed him putting himself about more but I thought he was a weak link again despite the increased workrate, no offence to Bury but they were pretty poor and Gibson didn't stand out against them. Might be because I don't like him that I tend not to notice the good stuff he does as much.

17. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Possibly - I thought he was decent personally - have said before that I think he'll be good at Championship level and he showed some quality IMO last night! Plenty of effort and some good passes - gave it away a few times as well but so did others. Honeyman was MOTM. He was everywhere - great goal as well.

Think our midfield is our strongest point personally - thought Khazri was decent and put in some effort - defence wasn't really massively tested nor was the keeper. His confidence seems to be a bit shaken mind as he had one bouncing ball he could get and it was the only semi-difficult thing he had to do all game - although that said, when he didn;t get it under control he got it away from danger

18. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean he did put himself about but he didn't exactly look like a class act. I think he probably is Championship standard but only just and not good enough for a top half team.

19. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I turned on at around 35 mins, so not sure what preceded that but the worst player on the pitch was Khazri, he looked like Daniella Westbrook after a half marathon with about half an hour to go. The younger lads had so much more determination and drive, they're the ones who'll win you games imo.

Brian Storm and marcusblackcat like this.
  20. clockstander

Good point, its called blinkered vision, we all suffer from it, my blind spot is Jack Rodwell I can never pick him out, and would'nt recognise him if I bumped into him in the street, hopefully he will not recognise me either. <laugh>. Back to Gibson, in a perverse way his outburst seems to have done the team, and its spirit, more good than harm, I think the manager handles these situations very well, displaying good old Yorkshire common sense, long may it continue. <ok>