1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bullard to QPR

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Jun 2, 2011.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Bullard is today apparently at Loftus Road thrashing out terms for a move to QPR. This by no means a move will happen - Rangers aren't going to pay £45k a week for him. But Bullard's family is in London, one of the many reasons he wasn't happy at Hull.

He had a huge impact and without Norris or Bullard, it's hard to be optimistic about our chances next season. We are left with Grant Leadbitter - who many on 606 last season were rightly saying can't cut the mustard.

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Good luck to him!

We've dodged a sick note waiting to happen! <ok>

3. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Agree with you in terms of having an absence of quality in midfield (as it stands!) but personally thought Leadbitter was a better player pre-Bullard. Once JB arrived, everything as you would expect, went through him and Leadbitter didn't produce. Certainly not the quality of JB but could improve. That said, I really don't want to see him responsible in dead ball situations!

Going to miss singing the JB song too!!!!!

4. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

I'm personally looking forward to watching the mighty Posh teach Ipswich Town a lesson in the way of football in our absence. Jimmy Bullard was Ipswich Town's only decent midfielder in that 5 - 1 thrashing and to be honest, I can't see Ipswich finishing in the top half without him!

5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Personally I'm looking forward to watching every team in the Premiership teaching your lot a football lesson!

I can't wait to watch MOTD <ok>

6. svendust

svendust Member

MOTD? I will be watching the full 90 minutes of every thrashing every week via Football First on Sky

JB is not value for money for us, QPR is his best bet as they have money to burn and will most likely have decent back up if/when he gets injured.

Not worried about our midfield at the mo, PJ has plenty of time to sign some players up.

7. PioneerBlueinOZ

I see you leaving us on a very temporary basis...like a years sabatical...hope the score in your first match away in the prem is the same as it was in league 1!

FOYB

8. oztown

oztown Member

Straight back down there's nothing surer, again the budgies will embarrass East Anglia as only they know how.

9. Solly

Solly New Member

He won't be able to do it in the prem, definitely not week in week out... But they'll pay him more than we will and he is, at the end of the day, a mercenary. He left Fulham, a club he'd loved being at, because they wouldn't give him an extra 5k a week.

10. TractorBoyTuck

Personally would've loved Bullard here, he's a top player at this level and dictated our play.

That said, it isn't the end of the world. Obviously there are players out there, and we just need to sign them up (easier said than done I know). But best of luck to Jimmy, hope he does well at whatever club he joins.