1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bring on the Villa

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

More comments on the Reading game than Derby ;) It was on Sky don't fall for the bait, but the Derby result does get our season back and running. Perhaps we didn't deserve to win, couldn't care less we found a way. We didn't especially deserve to lose to Reading either, happens.

Anyway, we host erratic Villa. Lets hope we catch them on an off day, fortunately they appear to have zero idea as to how to defend. Go ahead and I don't see us losing this, however it's going to be quite a test.

Expect more of the same from the side - the defence are attempting to play a little bit more ( about time too ) but the tempo in midfield HAS to be upped. We need to pull opposition players around, our play is so damn slow it's very frustrating to watch. A few questions for all....
    * Will Smith / Sears go back into the line up if fit, of will Mick keep a bit of faith in Webster?
    * Will Leon Best make his debut?
    * Will Lawrence be given a first start wide left?
    * Will ( notice a pattern ) Bishop be given a start?

I actually feel quite positive about this one. I fancy us to edge it by a goal. 2-1. I think it's a good time to play Villa. COYB.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  2. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Have we signed Will Smith?

...... Wiki wiki waaWaa

Scowey and Bigalreigned like this.
  3. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I don't remember having any fond memories of playing Villa - I'm sure someone will set me straight, but I can't remember the last time we beat them.
    It'll be a tough and surprising low-key affair with not a lot of goals, I can see Villa sneaking it with a 1-0 defeat.
    I'd like to see Lawrence start in place of Sears, and surely Best has to get some game time, even if it's 15-20 mins off the bench.
    I'd also like to see how Smith n Webster do as a pairing, seeing as they will probably be our two for next season when Berra goes back oop north.
    As for midfield, gotta be Skuse Bish and Grant. I like Bru, but is too lightweight for me.
    Tem I hope he picks;
    Bart, Chambers, Knudsen, Smith, Webster
    Skuse, Bishop, Grant
    Ward, Best, Lawrence

Although he will go with Berra instead od Smith, Bru instead of Bishop, Pitman instead
    of Best......Sears or Lawrence? Anyones guess

4. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I fancy us to sneak another ugly win, snatching a 2-1 win late on.

I don't think Mick will venture too far from the line up midweek, but wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of changes. Namely a start for Lawrence (and possibly Bish in the middle instead of Bru) but expect this to be how we line up

Bart
    Chambo | Webster | Berra | Jonas
    Bru | Douglas | Skuse
    Ward | Pittman | Lawrence

Decent options off the bench as well this week, with Best hopefully getting closer to a first team appearance.

5. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

As you say Westy we didn't deserve to lose at Reading , and at Derby some have said we were fortunate to win but if you cant score you cannot possibly win the match so I ll take that anytime.
    Ive got to agree that we need to get some pace into our attacking play, the sight of our front players standing still because the build up play is so slow is infuriating, weve just got to get the same pace and intensity into our play as we did against the Budgies they didn't know how to cope with it.
    As for Villa on paper its another mis-match but if we force the pace right from the start we can definitely get something from this game, on the other hand if we let them dictate the play then I don't give us much chance.

6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I think we will get a win.........Mick seems to get a run of decent results just when he needs them to save his bacon.

Can't understand the call for Best to start tbh ......not that I have anything against him but nor do I know if he is fit and ready to be getting game time, he hardly arrived to much fanfare and excitement so I think it's Micks call he decided he was worth a short term contract so on his head it rests...imo.

2-1 Pitman and Douglas

7. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

More boring football, last chance for me, if it's more of the same I ain't gonna bother listening or watching until Mick has gone!! As for the result, we should win but all depends on how we set up, attack minded then we will win, if he goes to not lose..... I think we will lose. Struggling to be bothered TBH.

8. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Smith's out injured for three months.

9. Westlake33

Spanish it's not likely to be anything too sexy footy wise today - Villa have plenty ballers and for us to win it's about bringing them down to our level, peeing them off and hitting them I would say. Villa are capable of clicking anyday and hitting any side - hasn't happened yet but look at the players they have. If Villa play to their potential today we lose.

Any streams lads? Someone on TWTD mentioned - http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/385680/stream/#7

10. Westlake33

Appears there MAY WELL be a link for the game on First Row Sports... g'wan, please work. Quite fancy watching this today!

11. Spanish

Game on bein sports ladies

12. Spanish

Those with kodi or bein will have perfect streams, those without, download kodi onto your laptop, computer, tablet or phones and watch the game in perfect HD, without ads etc

whitestallionblue73 likes this.
  13. Westlake33

Never heard of Bein Spanish - says unavailable in location. Fair enough.

Lineup interesting - appears on paper 4-4-2 unless 4-3-3 but it's definitely more attacking. Be an interesting affair this.

14. Spanish

You have never heard of bein sports

15. Spanish

Like sky sports and in English, French Spanish or arabic

16. Spanish

Game is readily available guys, enjoy!
    Or not as the case may be

17. Westlake33

I'll see if first row wanna play ball Spanish, here is hoping :)

If it works, I'll post thoughts half time / full time in chunks. COYB.

18. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Got half decent First Row, Westy, looks more promising and no real threat from the villans. Spells of Town pressure nice to see Freddie getting back to his old self, but still not at his best yet. But at least we are putting some attacks together.

COYBs

19. Spanish

Bored.Com
    Two **** sides boring the arse off me, both midfields are piss poor apart from prob Grelish

20. Westlake33

Same Spanish bloody awful watch two bang average sides NOWT happening whatsoever.

Gave up on streaming due to first row being rubbish and someone changing the channel on My p2p - may well give it another go start of the second half.

Pitman uptop alone!??!?! Absolute joke. If we're playing one through the middle it has to be Best.

Game there for the taking for either side....