1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brighton v Leeds Utd Match Day Thread / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 8, 2016.

?

SCORELINE: Brighton v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Dec 9, 2016.
  1. 0-00

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

33.3%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Brighton by 1

11.1%
  6. Leeds by 1

44.4%
  7. Brighton by 2

33.3%
  8. Leeds by 2

11.1%
  9. Brighton by 3 or more

11.1%
  10. Leeds by 3 or more

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Brighton and Hove Albion v Leeds Utd

Friday 9th December [email protected]

Streaming links to follow
    Good Morning Everyone,

Leeds make the long trip down to the south coast to play in form Brighton (or should that be Brighton host in form Leeds Utd?)

Leeds, who are seven points behind the Seagulls in the League table have won all their league games since the middle of October with the exception of being beaten by the Barcodes last month.

Brighton on the other hand have drawn games against Cardiff and Villa in recent weeks, but you have to go all the way back to the 10th September for the last time they lost (at home v Brentford)

O'Kane will face a late fitness test, whilst Coyle, Hernandez and Bridcutt all remain sidelined.

Brighton are boosted by the news that Kazenga LuaLua can play, although he had been sent off during a development game.

2. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino says he will defend himself at a tribunal following reports that the Football Association is to fine and ban him.

The Daily Mail reported Cellino will be banned for 18 months and fined £250,000 for breaching football agent rules.

Cellino, 60, and the club have already been charged over the sale of Ross McCormack to Fulham in August 2014.

If the Italian is banned, it will be the third time since he took over the Championship club in April 2014.

The newspaper report also stated that the club will be fined a further £250,000, in addition to the punishment imposed on Cellino.

"I am surprised to read the news regarding the FA's intentions to ban and fine me, as well as fine the club," Cellino said in a statement on the club's website.

"I am not guilty and I will take the right steps to defend myself through the tribunal.

"I feel that I am guilty of one thing - protecting Leeds United since I took charge of the club."

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Pontus Jansson has admitted last night that he wants a long-term move to Elland Road agreed at the earliest opportunity

The Sweden international was made available at short notice in August following a dispute over his contract at Torino and an unexpected decision by Torino head coach Sinisa Mihajlovic to deem him surplus to requirements.

Jansson said his time in Italy had “ended in a bad way” and he reiterated his desire to see Leeds complete a quick deal to make his move full-time.

At the time of his arrival, United owner Massimo Cellino negotiated an option with Torino giving Leeds the right to buy Jansson once the defender made 20 appearances this season.

Jansson will play for the 15th time at Brighton tomorrow and he should pass the threshold of 20 in the early stages of the January transfer window. He is likely to cost Leeds in the region of £3.5m if United take up the option to sign him permanently.

Farsleyexile likes this.
  4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I don't understand why Cellino is surprised that the FA plan to ban him. I would have put money on it!

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all... Get Jansson signed up today. Don't wait for 20 games, he is already gaining attention, last thing we want is some agent persuading him other options are better.

Sign him up this week, show intent to any possible January targets, show the likes of Taylor that we mean business. We have a great player, he is key to results, he wants to remain, why wait...

Farsleyexile and ellandback like this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They were my first thoughts too

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Farsleyexile and BoggersMOT like this.
  9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, Don't think we can until January 1st and the transfer window opens?

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Every team in bottom half of prem would love to have Pontus in their side and some above too, so a bit scary with greedy agents sniffing around.

Going to be a tough ask again at Brighton as I have a lot of time for Houghton, and he was probably the most unlucky manager in football having got the sack at Newcastle for keeping them up in the prem. He then did a great job at Norwich and got them promotion to the prem and has dragged Brighton up from being a pub side to top 6 championship side. 3 points here and we can say times are a changing

11. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

Looking forward to tomorrow, has the potential to be a very good night....i'm on the pitch if we win!

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, I would assume Leeds have covered all their bases regarding Jansson. Houghton is a very good Manager but for whatever reason not a fashionable Manager. Don't know why tho!

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Paul. You should have said. We would have got you a Not606 banner....

14. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. My understanding of the Pontus situation is we cannot sign him until Jan 1st and also have first refusal on him regardless of whos sniffing around. Maybe Im wrong. Hay makes some good points in todays YEP re whats needed in January. 1 Sign Pontus. 2 A centre forward as Wood could pick up an injury at any time and we have no one else to fit the current system. 3 Sign a centre half as we only have three and Coopers injured. 4 Sort Taylors contract and I would add a fifth, new contract for Monk. Added together, thats gonna take a hell of a lot of investment and Id say most if not all will be required if were to make the PL. Just hope Gary gets the backing he deserves having pushed "his Group" this far

15. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Wave your 606 banner and I'll join you :emoticon-0148-yes:

16. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning All

Agree with everybody need to get Jansson sorted.

On Eire's post..... I think it was the Daily Mail who has us linked with Zac Clough at Bolton there is also a yound Swedish defender but his name escapes me at this moment in time

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm not overly concerned about CB to be honest. Cooper is good cover, yes he is injured but Ayling can also play the position with Berardi coming on at RB

Granted that would all change should we lose Taylor in January. What quality are we looking at signing? As good as Pontus or Bartley and we suddenly do not know best pairing and someone sitting in the bench who is too good?

Someone as good as Cooper and we have one on the bench and one in reserves if all fit. Rotating midfield is one thing but CB pairing is another.

I would love a ready made replacement for Wood but... would they be happy on the bench, can we afford and would a club allow someone of that calibre to leave? Is Doukara not good enough cover, where does Antonsson fit in?

Just being realistic on the striker front, I can't see it happening... If one becomes available I would snap up a good Keeper, someone capable of playing in the PL

O'Kane, Bridcutt, Phillips, Vieria are surely enough for the middle, maybe we can shift Mowatt, Diacouraga and Murphy. Hernandez is injury prone, I appreciate what some say about him but I am not sold, he isn't working for us even when fit.

I wouldn't want to drop Doukara or Roofe for Hernandez, maybe a long term replacement for Sacko would be an option, yes he is quick but apart from pace he offers little.

Good business for me would be keep our starting 16 replace Taylor if we sell him and get Jansson signed up, replace Sacko.

I would love promotion, I wasn't in my wildest dreams expecting it. For me if we go into next season with 90% of this current starting 15 in place then I consider it a success and progress.

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Elland Houghton is good but his problem is he's English, its as simple as that. Big clubs go foreign before English and I would have had almsot any English manager above Southgate for England, but my views are treated like anyone else's in football who stray from what the FA/Prem/media want. After all it was the sports media that got Southgate the job because they all got behind him. His forst 2 games saw a shocking performance against 2 shyte teams, after 4 results against shyte he got a decent scoreline and win but could very easily have been beaten by Scotland.

Houghton hasnt yet failed as a manager and needs respecting. Garry Monk is trying to get his own reputation and I believe he will go to become a great manager, but he has to beat the brains of Big Mick, Bruce, Houghton, etc to do it and so far so good

ristac and ellandback like this.
  19. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

He is about to engulf the club in another self caused crisis then.
    The guy is, was and will remain a toxic cock.
    The only shame is this ban wont be long enough.
    The good news is the next ban when it eventually arrives (and it will) will be forever.

Get ready for the season to hit the buffers due to his off field antics again!

20. Paul Hopkins

Paul Hopkins Well-Known Member

the way things have gone at games lately I wont be in any fit state to wave a banner....the only thing I have in my favour is I don't get to Brighton until an hour before kick off so I wont have much time to drink apart from a few on the train