1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Brentford v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Apr 21, 2017.

1. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I won't knock Brentford because they seem a decent outfit and have been on a great run. However, this really is a poor division where teams seem to take points off each other, i.e you win one week, draw the next and maybe lose. But for Hollow and his 'right sort' of players seem to go on 6 game losing runs. All I can say is thank god this muppet hasn't been in charge all season otherwise we would have been relegated by now.

This is the first time Brentford have got a league double over us since 1965. Cheers Hollow!

I don't want to say "I told you so" but........"I told you so". I remember saying he was a muppet and it would end in tears. Underfire TF brought him in to appease the 'cavemen". It was a stupid and ill thought out choice.
    Every time I see him interviewed I think I have gone back in time to 2000. I really thought those days and that style of football was resigned to history.

Even under Jimmy we never played this bad. Agree it was boring and there were lots of draws but nothing like the dross we see under Hollow. The best thing he can do is leave at the end of the season and go back to clowning around on Sky miss predicting where teams will finish like "The Bees to finish 22nd" IH. Muppet.

SW Ranger, deano58 and qpherts like this.
  2. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Lots of records broken by us this season! The gift that keeps giving

BlindFaith and ELLERS like this.
  3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Too many Herts.

4. qpherts

Yep! N they can shove their over prices s/t

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

For the first time in many years I am seriously thinking off giving it a break. I can't sit and watch dross under Hollowhead anymore. I will write to the club and ask them why I should renew.

QPRoma likes this.
  6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

This is what the muppet says
    “Anybody who is a real QPR fan, take this one on the chin and take it with dignity"
    Carrot cruncher isn't even a real QPR fan. Where were you watching football as a kid Hollow. I don't remember you in the loft.

qpherts likes this.
  7. qpherts

Any real qpr fan wants him n the board out utter dross from both

ELLERS likes this.
  8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Since we reached 50 points that muppet has made it clear he was experimenting and the momentum we had gained was f*cked. An average of 5 changes per game means we are playing like strangers with no game plan and no leadership. Don't blame the players, the majority of them aren't good enough for a promotion challenge, it's the half-baked management that is responsible for this mess and even if we do avoid the drop we'll be in the same situation or worse next season, our defence is shyte and our midfield is too lightweight and we don't have a striker worthy of the name.

So many sides with smaller budgets than us play far better football, that should tell you all you need to know. £500 for a season ticket to watch this dross is f*cking extortion...<grr>

9. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

The full story - not just the **** bits...

Bristol Rovers[edit]
    Holloway took over a club that was struggling both on and off the pitch. In his first season in charge of Rovers, he led the club to 17th place in Division Two (now League One). The next season, however, Bristol Rovers gained fifth place and made the playoffs. Despite taking a first-leg advantage of 3–1 against Northampton Town, Rovers subsequently lost 3–0 in the second leg and went out 4–3 on aggregate in the semi-finals. The 1998–99 season ended with a somewhat disappointing 13th place. Holloway retired as a player following that season, having played more than 400 matches for Bristol Rovers, to concentrate fully on management. In 1999–2000, his last full season at the club, Rovers finished 7th, narrowly missing the playoffs.

Queens Park Rangers[edit]
    In February 2001, midway through the 2000–01 season, Holloway was appointed manager of QPR, where he was given the task of keeping the team in Division One. He failed to do so, as QPR finished second from bottom and were relegated to the third level for the first time in 34 years. Despite the relegation, Holloway stayed on and rebuilt the side. After steadying the ship in 2001–02, and a near miss in 2002–03, Holloway and QPR were promoted back to the second level in 2004, finishing second behind Plymouth Argyle.

Holloway's first full season in The Championship ended with a respectable 11th place, and during the following season 2005–06, the club continued to hover around mid-table.

Holloway was suspended (sent on gardening leave) as manager by Queens Park Rangers on 6 February 2006. The reason given by the QPR board was that the constant rumours linking Holloway to the vacant managerial position at Leicester City were causing too many problems for the club.[3] As it turned out, the Leicester job went to Rob Kelly, and QPR went on to finish 21st, just one place above the relegation positions.

Plymouth Argyle[edit]
    please log in to view this image

Holloway in 2007
    On 28 June 2006, Holloway became the manager of Plymouth Argyle, and promised to take the club to the Premier League.[4] On 12 August, after Plymouth beat Sunderland away 2–3, in celebration of his first away win as manager, Holloway offered to buy every one of the 700 fans who made the 805-mile (1,296 km) round trip a drink: "Anyone who travelled up there please send me a letter. I would love to buy you a drink."[5]

Following press speculation, on 21 November 2007, Holloway submitted his resignation to the Plymouth Argyle board, with speculation that he was about to be offered the vacant managerial position at Leicester City.[6] The Plymouth board issued a statement saying he was still employed by Plymouth and tied legally to his contract, and the board's decision on whether or not to accept his resignation would be made on Friday, 23 November. Having agreed a compensation package for his services, he was announced in a press conference by Milan Mandarić as Leicester manager on 22 November, signing a 31⁄2-year contract. His departure, however, was met with negativity from Argyle fans.[7][8]

After an open top bus tour in Blackpool, after his Blackpool side won promotion to the Premier League some three years later, Holloway said:[9]

“ I had a year out of football and had to think about what went wrong in my life. I was given some decent values from my mum and dad in our council house, and one of them was honesty and trust and loyalty. And I forgot to do all that at Plymouth. I left them. And I made the biggest mistake of my life. ”
    Leicester City[edit]
    Holloway made history when he became the first Leicester manager in over 50 years to win his first league game in charge, beating Bristol City 2–0.[10]

On 7 February 2008, in a buildup to a match against Plymouth at the Walkers Stadium, Argyle chairman Paul Stapleton spoke negatively of Holloway for allowing several high-profile players to leave the club before joining Leicester. A total of five players left Plymouth in the January transfer window, which he claimed was all Holloway's fault.[11] Holloway, stunned by the claims, had his lawyers look at the statements, while Mandarić accused Stapleton of "sour grapes" over Holloway's move to Leicester, saying Plymouth Argyle should be thankful for what he had achieved during his time there.[12] Plymouth won the match 1–0 as Holloway's former charges came back to haunt him.[13] Winning just nine out of 32 games, Leicester were relegated from the Championship on 4 May 2008 entering for the first time ever in their, then one hundred and twenty four year, history the third tier of English football. Leicester City being up to that time one of only a handful (nine) of English teams that had never been out of the first two tiers of English football.[citation needed]

On 23 May 2008, following the club's relegation, Holloway and Leicester City parted company by mutual consent. Reflecting on his time at Leicester, he said "Leicester City is a marvellous club and I am as devastated as anybody that this great club suffered relegation. I gave 100% to the cause but unfortunately we ran out of time. The fans here are a different class and deserve a lot, lot better. I'd like to wish everyone connected with Leicester City well for the future – the club will always remain close to my heart."[14]

Blackpool[edit]
    please log in to view this image

Holloway as Blackpoolmanager in 2010
    On 21 May 2009, it was reported that Holloway, after 364 days out of football, was set to be announced as the new manager of Blackpool following the departure of their caretaker manager Tony Parkes. The appointment was confirmed later the same day with Holloway signing a one-year contract with the club.[15] His first league game in charge of the Seasiders was a 1–1 draw with his former club Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road on 8 August 2009, the opening day of the 2009–10 season.[citation needed]

Nine months later, he guided the club to the Premier League after winning the play-offs following a sixth-placed finish in The Championship,[9][16]becoming only the second Blackpool manager (after Les Shannon in 1970) to win promotion in his first full season. Holloway described the achievement as the best moment of his life, aside from seeing his children born.[17]

Holloway followed this up in late July by leading Blackpool to victory in the South West Challenge Cup annual pre-season tournament. It was the first time a Premier League club had taken part.[18]

Before the start of Blackpool's first top flight season in 40 years, media reports suggested that Holloway was set to resign as manager following an alleged dispute with club chairman Karl Oyston. However, at a press conference held at Bloomfield Road on 11 August to announce the arrival of four new players, Holloway swiftly denied the rumours, describing his relationship with Oyston as "absolutely fantastic". And adding:

“ Apparently yesterday [Tuesday] I had resigned. It's just a crazy world that we have moved into. Before anyone asks a question, I just want to make sure you can see me – you can see me here and I'm not a cardboard cut-out, because somehow or other, I'm not supposed to be here. I had to be in London the day before and didn't want to drive back at six o'clock in the morning to get here because I was too tired. I had to be at a Premier League meeting, and [look] what that has caused by not coming back up for training. We only had eight players, some were on international duty and I wasn't going to train them that hard anyway. Look at how things go crazy. But welcome, and by the way, we've just signed some new players as well. I just want to get that straight.[19]
    The following day it was reported that Holloway had signed a new two-year contract.[20]

On 27 January 2011, the Premier League fined Blackpool £25,000 for fielding what they believed to be a weakened team against Aston Villa on 10 November 2010. Holloway, who initially threatened to resign if punishment was dealt, made ten changes to the team for the fixture.[21] Holloway was made aware of the fine over the phone while playing golf with his wife at Shawhill Golf Club in Chorley.[22] He offered his resignation to Karl Oyston, but it was rejected.[23]

On 22 May 2011, Blackpool lost their Premier League status after losing 4–2 to champions Manchester United at Old Trafford, coupled with results elsewhere, and returned to The Championship after one season.[24]

Holloway marked his century of games in charge of Blackpool with a victory, the 37th of his reign, over Ipswich Town at Bloomfield Road on 10 September 2011.[25]

In May 2012, Holloway guided Blackpool into The Championship play-offs for the second time in as many seasons in the division.[citation needed]

Holloway's win percentage in League games as Blackpool manager was 37.8% (54 wins from 143 games). At the time of his departure, Holloway was the joint-ninth (with Harry Potts) longest serving Blackpool manager in terms of Football League games in charge.[citation needed]

Crystal Palace[edit]
    On 3 November 2012, Holloway agreed to join Crystal Palace as manager,[26] although caretaker manager Curtis Fleming remained in charge of the team for the match on that day.[27] He took charge of his first game on 6 November, which Crystal Palace won 5–0 against Ipswich Town.[28] On 27 May 2013, Holloway guided Crystal Palace to promotion to the 2013–14 Premier League after beating Watford 1-0 through a penalty converted by Kevin Philips in extra time.[citation needed]

In the 2013–14 Premier League season, Crystal Palace started with just three points from the first eight games as Holloway came under pressure to keep his job.[29] On 23 October 2013, after a 4–1 loss against Fulham, Holloway left the club by mutual consent after less than a year in charge.[30][31]

Millwall[edit]
    On 7 January 2014, he signed two-and-a-half-year contract with Millwall.[32] He then guided the club to Championship safety for the 2013–14 season as Millwall finished 19th, four points above the relegation places.[33] In the 2014–15 season, as Millwall dropped in the relegation places in The Championship, Holloway admitted that he had become an unpopular manager with the Millwall fans.[34] On 10 March 2015, for the first time in his managerial career, Holloway was sacked, with the team second from bottom in the Championship and having lost five of their last six games.[35]

Queens Park Rangers[edit]
    On 11 November 2016, Holloway was appointed as manager of Queens Park Rangers for a second spell replacing Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.[36]

10. qpherts

He's makin Ramsey n JFK look good!

11. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

This forum is laughable

KooPeeArr and qprmountmartha like this.
  12. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

You're a real QPR fan then - more so than me for example?

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  13. qpherts

Ave been fo 40 yrs I just presumed qpr fans want this clown n the circus out!

14. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

I wish ollie would use his noddle and keep quiet.its not about just todays game,its about the dreadful results and the even worse style of play.
    The squad rotation has been disastrous and ill conceived,and will probably cost him his job.

15. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Holloway today blaming goals going in at the wrong time. F*ck me...

rangercol likes this.
  16. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

Hes lost the plot mate,clutching at straws.
    "Wrong time goals" "players didnt follow gameplan" etc etc, he should take it on the chin and take responsibilty for this catastrophic run of results.

17. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Frankly, I just don't get it. 'They' say something along the lines that insanity is repeatedly trying the same thing over and over again even though it's known to fail. In the case of Ollie, it's these wholesale changes to a team that was somehow getting results before this. I have said before on this site that I don't agree with the philosophy that many managers seem to follow whereby they make changes rather than always putting out their best available eleven. But I am sympathetic to a manager making the odd change when it's not enforced by injury or suspension, particularly when seeking to blood youngsters or try out new signings. It makes great sense when you're chasing the game and need to make tactical changes etc.

What Ollie seems to be doing appears to be nothing short of plain barmy, bordering on suicidal. Has he discussed this with his lords and masters, explaining the rationale behind what to us is just foolhardy?

Football management is as much a popularity contest as a results-driven business. I would've thought us Rs fans would be wholly behind Ollie if he was serving up attractive, attacking football via a side with a largely unchanged nucleus, even if results weren't largely going his way.

So, why the fudge isn't he at the very least ticking the box that say "attractive playing style" or the box that says "don't meddle with a side getting results"?

Somebody please tell me there's a secret master plan soon to be revealed that will wow us to the point of orgasm and see us win this division next season. Somebody please tell me this isn't one of Baldrick's cunning plans instead!

18. oldtimeranger

oldtimeranger Member

Thank Christ there's only 46 games in a season otherwise we'd be relegated.

qpherts and ELLERS like this.
  19. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

There's still time.

20. BackinBlighty

BackinBlighty Active Member

Ultimate nightmare scenario is Blackburn catch us & Arry keeps brum one place above us...