1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bradleys birthday

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by gelders pie, Apr 23, 2017.

1. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Bradley. Was feeling miserable this morning until I saw his smile. What the f*ck have I got to be miserable about ?

Bexinio, Billy Death, Deleted and 9 others like this.
  2. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

On facebook there's a ''Bradleys Birthday Page'' where you can leave birthday messages for him. Has left me confused though. seems his birthday isn't until 17th May.? Not that it matters, he can enjoy a birthday party every day as for as I'm concerned.

Sunderlad likes this.
  3. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Sing it louder than loud for him on Saturday Sunderland. Its tragic that his family has been told that his time is near. Fantastic, brilliant, amazing that your club is donating all proceeds from the game to him/ his family and the vocal support you have given him. He's one of your own!!!! Bless him...

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    gelders pie, calmcumbrian and Deleted like this.
  4. Beardsley's Shimmy

Beardsley's Shimmy Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday lad.
    The whole North East is rooting for you.

gelders pie and Deleted like this.
  5. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Now I'm right behind Bradley and hus fight but I think the proceeds should be going to help research so they can try to beat it rather than to his family. Surely donating millions to cancer research is better on the whole than donating to his family? My friends Mam died from the same cancer Bradley has and there was little to no research done at that time into fighting it. To me it seems strange to donate to him and his family when there are hundreds if not thousands suffering from this disease. Im probably going to get some **** on the board for this but it makes no sense making a family rich when there's better causes the money could go to

6. Beardsley's Shimmy

Beardsley's Shimmy Well-Known Member

A really good point about funding research into the root cause. Sometimes longer term this is the more impactful and wider ranging.

7. calmcumbrian

calmcumbrian Well-Known Member

Good luck in your fight,Bradley,You are loved by me and so many SAFC fans.Have a great day on Saturday...I expect your heroes to win for you!

Beardsley's Shimmy likes this.
  8. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Gutted :emoticon-0106-cryin :emoticon-0153-broke

Screenshot_2017-05-24-21-06-00.png

BIG BAZ likes this.
  9. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Well-Known Member

Poor lad. Doesn't look like he has got much longer to live.

10. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

Bless him......that little boy has the heart of a lion...

Billy Death likes this.

11. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

There isn't anyone who doesn't share in the heartbreak of this story ...... but the whole thing is starting to make me feel uncomfortable with it.

12. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

A small part of my work involves to some degree, costing the financials of children requiring complex healthcare needs.

Children who, without the gift of incredible medical or surgical advances over the last few years, wouldn't have survived more than a few weeks given their conditions.

Occasionally I have to blank out some of the information I read or hear of.

As a parent I can't begin to imagine the strength needed to get by every single day coping with a child in Bradley's condition.

We shouldn't forget that there are many hundreds, maybe thousands, of parents in a similar situation as Bradley's parents, in the UK alone.

Bradley's parents have what could lamely be described as some sort of comfort, that the funds they have raised will go towards helping many other children with the same condition, and there will be other parents who in the future will do the same for their own children, raise many hundreds of thousands of pounds, until that particular battle is won.

I just hope my own kids won't be in Bradley's parent's shoes in the coming years.