1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boycott the MKD home game 25 March

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Feb 27, 2017.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

A good thread started on Charlton Life setting out the plus points of boycotting this now meaningless game. Despite the typically snooty response from Rick, he hints that CARD might get behind it after the Belgium protest.

I have started a Twitter poll and 86% of Charlton fans so far have said they will support a boycott of the MKD game.

Surely after the 2 home defeats last week and the visible collapse of the Club, we all need to step up the efforts to force Duchatelet and Meire out, or at least make life even more uncomfortable for them?

Thoughts ?

2. charltonted

charltonted Active Member

I will continue my boycott (did relent for the Millwall game), I question how effective it will be, Duchatelet and Meire know their stewardship is killing the fan base & thus the income. A few more may boycott but there is the hardcore blinkered ones who will go as they always go. If some "event" at a local hostelry can be organised so fans can still go to Charlton but rather than sit in the cold watching Sunday league football at best they can share a sherbet or three and talk football with "stewards" outside the Valley directing fans to the pubs this may encourage a few, if card get on board they could spend some of their "war chest" on drinks vouchers as further encouragement to stop people going through the turnstiles. We will see what happens

3. User deleted as requested

Personally speaking I would support a properly organised boycott v MKD.

Even if another 2,000 Charlton fans support it on the day, it would get the real attendance down below 5,000 and hit 'them' in the pocket

4. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I hope it works, but probably don't think it will, worth a try, anything's worth a try.

5. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I will boycott the game, no big deal for me as I have boycotted most of the games this season. I have still been to more games than the slug Williamson though.

6. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Can't see this to be honest. The problem is the dire football has cut swathes off the crowd. KM and RD have removed more by being obnoxious. The floated have gone. Even the season ticket holders pick and choose. I don't know how many are left going, but we are coming down to the hardcore, and I don't know how receptive they will be. With flyers at intervening home games, plus the magic of 4.2.3.1, we may drag the attendance down, but the difference may be slight.

7. User deleted as requested

160 votes

88% would support a boycott of the MKD game.

Potential there for CARD I would say.

8. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

I'd support a boycott. But most people currently are, and they're {...owners} {...unique} still here. Going to Belgium for a protest is the right thing to do, but stopping them out of respect for the new managers was completely the wrong thing to do.

I don't think that boycotts impact the performance on the pitch, they should never have stopped. Proof:
    - Sheffield Wednesday: WON
    - Middlesbrough: WON

These people are professional athletes, who are training all the time to focus on the game. All I hear are just potential excuses from the club over ****ty recruitment and not providing adequate support, despite selling players for millions {...weird}.

9. CarrianCarcuss

CarrianCarcuss Active Member

I have not been to a game this season, and will not attend again until they leave.