1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bournemouth v Southampton, Sunday 18 December, KO 1:30pm

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Saints Fan4Life, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

And you're a man...:p

shoot_spiderman likes this.
  2. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Which is one reason why assists is a statistic which too many people place too much importance on. Goals and chances created please, not goals and assists.

Velcro Roy, Libby and fatletiss like this.
  3. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I think so. Jay's signature celebration has always been ahuge leap into the air.
    He certainly goes where it hurts. Remember when he clattered into the far post a few seasons back, while scoring.? Poor bugger wanted to celebrate but was in so much pain. I still wince when I see it.

4. TheSecondStain

Which forum? I know the Cherries have never used Not606. Got a link? Wouldn't mind seeing the comments.

5. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

Naaah. You wouldn't have 30,000 messages on here if you didn't give a **** what people think of you or your opinion.

We've all got bigger things to worry about but virtual or otherwise, pseudonyms or not you really like this place and you really like some of the people on here. Some of these randoms are your mates. I bet they quite like you too.

I reckon this is a bloody good board myself. I tend to consider what I post for that reason. And if I get carried away and it comes back to bite me I'll try and just laugh it off and admit I jumped the gun.

:emoticon-0128-hi:

6. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

It is quite funny but seriously unfair to pull comments up from a match thread. I'd wager your stiff upper lip was the only one for miles when that goal went in after 11mins.

Onionman likes this.
  7. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I've been thinking. We should go really "old school" for this and play it on the carpet without a board! Bumps and bobbles n all. That way it's easier to "injure" your opponents striker with your knee :bandit:

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  8. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

9. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

That is so old school it's Dickensian! I had a massive piece of chipboard which I went and bought myself, and walked home balanced on the pedal of my bike. Then I pinned the baize Subbuteo pitch to the chipboard with drawing pins. I could easily put the whole thing on the dining table for home matches in the West Andover Subbuteo League, adding the floodlights and goals afterwards, or on my bedroom floor for practicing. Lean it up against the wall when not in use. The chipboard went years ago, but the Subbuteo kit is still around somewhere, even after many house moves. I'm in, by the way, if ever this not606 tournament gets going. My team name will be Mold Alexandra, which is actually a real name of a team in North Wales I liked the look of.

fatletiss and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
  10. thereisonlyoneno7

I've just been looking on Amazon for Subbuteo as I don't have mine any more. HOW EXPENSIVE!

£20.00 - The main game of 2 goals a pitch and 2 balls
    £15.00 - Saints team
    £15.00 - Another team
    £9.00 - Referees
    £18.00 - Fences

That is £77 and I still need the floodlights a piece of chipboard. Oh and a mate to play with :(

11. fatletiss

Will have to try and do this. I currently have my mates base board that has a raised lip all the way round to stop balls being lost! I am a little annoyed as I used to own the Munich 74 set which was given to me second hand when I was 7. I swapped it for a supernintendo when I was 23. Dick! I still have loads of teams and bits in the attic. I went through a stage of painting my own teams and still have my favourite all orange team somewhere and my favourite actual team.. El Salvador!!

During the Sash kit season my mate painted that kit for an entire team for my son for his birthday!! That is the best of the best!

12. fatletiss

* mate here *

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  13. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

They are too kind on there. I'm actually feeling sorry for them after reading the first page! <laugh>

14. thereisonlyoneno7

One of my favourite bits Talking about Bertrand:

To be fair he took some stick from the North Stand when he went over to take their first corner,which for me as an ex loan player for our club when we were skint was unwarranted .
    Obviously he was going to give it back and I would have done the same.

To the kids in the family stand? At least run back to the area that gave you stick if you want to act all billy big balls.

I doubt he even knew it was the Family Stand ,just turned and did it to the Stand he was nearest too.
    I think we have to stop being so precious,this whole scummers thing is a bit cringey really ,they don't care about us only Pompey.

Completely and utterly agree, Olly. I've never understood the 'scummers' thing considering we've never had a rivalry with them. I enjoyed the 1987 League Cup win against them as much as the next man (in fact probably more so given the dross that the core 3,000 had had to put up with for the previous 12, 13 years) but they've helped us out so much over the years though friendlies, loaning us players, etc. I actually dislike Portsmouth and Reading more than Southampton due to the fact that we've played them more often and have built up that disdain for them.

Cringeworthy is absolutely the right word when you consider the stick that people like Lallana always gets when he plays against us and when he says things like, and I quote word for word from the recent Sky interview, "I'm Bournemouth through and through" AND after he made the club £6m...for what in return..?

So what if they have some obnoxious, arrogant fans - doesn't every club? In my opinion it's a complete lack of intelligence and the lack of real understanding on the part of a certain faction of our own fans that builds it up into something it's not. Losing to them today hurt, but no more than losing any other match. As their fans sang, there's only one real south coast derby right now...

There we go, bomb dropped.

Read more: http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootbal...ead-view.asp?tid=78259&posts=22#ixzz4TMvYND2H

15. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

The thing that really damaged my stiff upper lip was that a few minutes after we went behind I went to the PC put a huge bet (£5, no less) on Saints to win. As I logged into Betfair the odds went haywire and I realised we'd scored.

Genuinely, whenever we go behind I pretty much always expect us to come back. I may of course be the only Saints supporter alive who thinks this.

Vin

16. thereisonlyoneno7

I'm a bit strange like that too though Vin. Winds up my mate who drives as even if we are losing 3-0 I won't leave early, just in case :)

Onionman and KillerCephalopod like this.
  17. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I liked Bertrand cupping his ear after he scored as he had been getting stick from the crowd as a former player.*

*that was shocking....we'd never do that to a former player, would we?:rolleyes:

manxsaint likes this.
  18. TheSecondStain

19. shoot_spiderman

shoot_spiderman Power to the People

Extract : "Most fans could see what was wrong today... some on here will tell you that they are not qualified to have that view but in my opinion they are wrong. There are occasions when, because we are further removed, our view will be better than a managers. Same at every club in any year."

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

20. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Not a former loan player, no. It was the equivalent of us abusing Antonio which would be...weird.