1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bournemouth Songs?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by crusti, Mar 9, 2011.

1. A Touch of Clas

A Touch of Clas Active Member

flat pack from sweden? hahahah i don't think there is another team with the same stadium as us...and like bournemouth would turn down the chance to play in a ground three times the size of dean court, with corners actually filled in, and fans to go in it!

2. bpl234

bpl234 Member

so then how many time have you actually filled your stadium this year?

3. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

For Boscombe the answer will be "once, when the mighty Saints came to town" And BPL234, the irony of the Boscombe fans singing a song about drug dealers is not lost on me!! Have you ever been to Boscombe??

4. bpl234

bpl234 Member

the question is, how many times have saints filled their stadium this year???

Course i have been to Boscombe, but all in all, what about the vast majority of Southampton......

5. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

And the capacity of DC is what? And you can only fill that when we come down! That tells me that the fans are only coming to see us. Perhaps on normal days you should offer an OAP special where for an all in price of £10 you get a match ticket, a bowl of soup, and a free hearing aid service. This should bring them flocking in on the "dial a ride" bus!

6. bpl234

bpl234 Member

Just under 11k but we are a town and a small club.....Not even against Man Utd could you fill it?

Okay pop about our OAP's but seriously about from West Quay, what has Southampton actually got to offer?

More chavs?

7. Lord Duckhunter

Lord Duckhunter New Member

The catchment area of Boscombe is massive, so dont come out with all this "small town" pony.With Poole and Christchurch Bournemouth forms the South East Dorset conurbation, which has a total population of around 400,000. Their gates are a joke.

8. A Touch of Clas

A Touch of Clas Active Member

Man utd we had to pay for two tickets to get in, so basically had to pay around £50 per person, if you went with a family or kids then it was a rip off, but we still got over 25,000. our average attendance is around/just over 20,000, and were in league one. you dont even fill your ground and it is less than half the size of our ground! poor poor poor old bournemouth

9. Lord Duckhunter

Lord Duckhunter New Member

How much does it mean for Boscombe to be playing Saints ?

Well after getting promotion this song was joyously sang by their supporters.

"Que Sera, Sera,

whatever will be will be,

we're going to St Marys,

Que Sera Sera."

10. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

Let Bournemouth have their little moment...

They have no rivals.

Pompey have earnt the right to be our rivals.

Bournemouth don't even come close <laugh>

11. bpl234

bpl234 Member

I agree we should be getting a lot more supporters....Should more be watching their local team, of course.......

i also think that many local fans do go and watch Saints rather than us....

But the truth in the pudding is at the moment we are at a same level.....If we turn up and play then we will beat you, but i think we suit your style well....

No matter the resault will not having a bearing on our season, and too many time people have mentioned out bubble bursting but we have a nice run in to come......

12. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

How has this got to a slagging match!

Southampton are a bigger club with a bigger history and a bigger fanbase! Our support has been immense! Bpl isnt doubting that!

It has to be agrred that Bournmouth have over achieved and credit where credit is due!

For a club with their history there support is actually pretty good! Let them have there big day out and lets all stop bitching :D

PS - 2-0 Saints!