1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Borini's gone - replacements!?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Pricy147, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Joe Allen's short man syndrome

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well said TLF, that's how I see it, I know that we are actively seeking Emnes, but I'm sure our Dutch board member John van Zweden will be searching the dutch market place too, looks like we have made our first contract signing as a prem team!! Ferrie Bodde has signed new contract, and he's looking good!....................
    please log in to view this image

3. Pricy147

Pricy147 Active Member

I agree Bendtner is wishful thinking, and probably pushing the boat out too much - but I think Vela would be an excellent option! even a loan spell until Christmas would be a huge help!

Good shout about feeling out Mourinho for any Madrid cast offs too!

Not entirely convinced on Emnes. Done well, but how much of our judgement is clouded by that Cardiff goal! Not sure he would be the answer personally.

Could also take a similar model to Sevilla, and bring in a lot of young promosing Brazilians and Argentinians!

4. buckarmy

buckarmy New Member

My thought is that we need a replacement for Borini - Earnshaw maybe, he looked dangerous against us in the playoffs or let buck work his magic on that one. A replacement keeper and a few top quality defenders will be needed to deal with the onslaught of attack that we will be up against in the prem.

5. JamieT567

JamieT567 Member

I don't think we need to spend big, I would rather have 3-4 players for 3 million or so, that have 1 player for 12 million, Someone like Daniel Sturridge would be amazing, So young with a tonne of potential.

6. JRODJACK

JRODJACK Member

Sturridge would be an amazing signing! could be an expensive loan deal but he obviously knows Buck and Scotty well and I believe Buck could convince him to come but we will have heavy competition for him as Bolton will be desperate to re-sign him.

7. JRODJACK

JRODJACK Member

8. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

I like the sound of him! 31 goals for the Barca B team, one year left on his contract (which has a 3mil release clause written into it...), could be worth a punt!

9. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

Almost 50 goals in 60 appearances for the B team <yikes>but 3 goals in 0ver 40 appearances for the A team. Hmm.....

10. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

If he'd got 50 in 60 for the A team we wouldn't have a hope in Hell of signing him!! :tongue:

11. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

3 goals in 40 is NOT good, unless most appearances were as a sub. The lad obviously has talent and if Brendan wants to take a punt, then fine. But remember - he also signed Moore.:emoticon-0110-tongu

12. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Ronaldo is restless in Madrid. Brendan could have a word with Jose.............

13. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

I was thinking about the Moore thing... didn´t we give him a 3 year contract?!

14. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

sturridge, obbini and ba