1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bob sacked.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by neveroffsidereff, Dec 27, 2016.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I said the exact same thing the other day. You can see in the way he words his post match interviews that it's always the players fault. He is always blameless.

Jack Corks interview on SSN was interesting today. You can tell from it that the players had no faith in Bob whatsoever.

2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  3. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

You could see that the players had no faith in him after a few weeks.

Take Cork for example, he's gone from being one of our main players, someone who always chase, presses and puts the opposition under pressure to being like a pub player.

Watch the 'real' Jack Cork show up against Bournemouth.

As you say, the fact that the players applauded the fans speaks volumes.

seabreeze, Stumpy and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  4. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

According to the Daily Mail, some players in the squad nicknamed Bob, Ronald Reegan.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  5. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

So what you are saying is that the decision to sack him was not influenced IN ANY WAY by yet another hammering on the field of play ?

The crowd reaction may have had an effect, since it would have been hard to ignore, but quantifying that effect would be impossible to assess.
    An angry mob making it's displeasure known, wouldn't have gone unnoticed, but who in their right mind pays much attention to fickle football fans ?
    Ultimately, it was another abject performance that was the final arbiter, since it WAS possible to quantify the loss of yet another three points.

6. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Garth Crooks:

"As for poor old Swansea? Well I was of the opinion that Bob Bradley didn't have the qualifications to do the job in the first place. However, he appeared to be a thoroughly decent man who deserved a little more than Swansea fans were prepared to give him. Chanting 'we want Bradley out' did nothing to enhance the team's performance or the reputation of their fans and frankly they didn't have to be so mean. Bradley deserved more but the fans got what they wanted and Bradley has gone. Who do the fans want now? Ryan Giggs? Is he ready?"

I didn't enjoy the atmosphere on Monday - but given the circumstances, did Crooks expect the fans to politely applaud and chant "For he's a jolly good fellow"?

7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

If Bobs plan was to reduce us to a team all other came to practice scoring against, then it succeeded.

Under Bob we became unrecognisable as a football team. We practised passing around midfield and that was our 'style', just passing around midfield. In defence and attack there was nothing and no matter who we played it always seemed like a mismatch.

We were in turmoil when the Bewildered one arrived and it took him only 85 days, 85 wasted days, to reduce us into nothing and leach away any hope that remained after Guidolins exit. With Bob Bradley at the helm games weren't about how we'd play but about how embarrassing we'd be. We'd actually become the cliché 'It not about winning but about how many we'd lose by'

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  8. PGFWhite

Not according to Bob Bradley!

9. JackPA26

JackPA26 Active Member

I hope you're wrong about this. It's unacceptable to think of a player not giving 100% because they don't believe in their manager. If you or I chose not to perform at our jobs because we didn't like our boss, we'd be out, not the boss. The players are highly payed professionals and need to be professional in their jobs. Trouble is, player power has been an issue at our club since Monk took over from ML and it needs to be addressed. It only takes one or two bad eggs to drag the others down.

As for Cork, he's just not good enough anyway and I don't think we'll see much more from him.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Fulton is better than Cork in my view...............<ok>

11. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  12. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I fully agree, but player power has been rife at our club for the best part of a decade now.
    The big question is why have numerous managers lost out against player power? Is it because they have Huws ear? - we can't blame Monk for the past 2 managers.
    We need to rebuild from the very beginning and kick a few of these players out, for me, starting with Taylor (who I suspect is one of the main 'player power' members)

At his best, Cork is a very, very good player - one of those types that does a lot of the unnoticed work. He'll be a different player compared to the last 6-7 games, and whilst totally unacceptable, that's the way modern day football has gone and I agree, it stinks.

13. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

At his best, Cork is much, much better.

seabreeze likes this.
  14. PGFWhite

Are you and Cork first cousins by any chance? <laugh>

15. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

The way he's been playing lately, if I was, I'd have broke his leg <laugh>

16. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Bradley was a poor hiring of a manager by a poor set of new owners... who knew somewhere between little and nothing about SCFC and probably never will ....dangerous times on the heels of great times at the club

17. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

Bradley ranting on US TV again. He really needs to let it go and stop blaming everything else.

18. LIBERTARIAN

I wonder if the vilification of Bradley will be as intense as it was against Laudrup, and eventually Monk ?
    Or will people get a life, and let bygones .....
    Sadly, this place doesn't do bygones.

19. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

Is he being vilified? Can't say I noticed. I can't speak for anyone else on here but I am just calling it as I see it.

20. LIBERTARIAN

Of course he's being vilified. Don't you read the posts ?
    Your 117 post is vilification. Time to leave the man alone now.