1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic BIG BROTHER

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Nov 29, 2016.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I don't know how much any of you value your privacy? but I always wondered why such a money grabbing organisation such as Microsoft and Bill Gates were giving away 'Windows 10'? it seems the old adage of 'beware of Greeks bearing gifts' has a serious application in this new OS.

Did any of you ever read the Microsoft service agreement when you installed or upgraded? I bet you didn't, and in all respects you can be forgiven I suppose, given that it was 12,000 words long!!!!

but here is one small section:

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to"

It's true to say, that the terms of the end user service agreement for Windows 10 puts the NSA to shame, and while at first I could not believe the extent of the spyware issues in Windows 10, now after 7 days of in depth study I have come to the conclusion that it is the biggest threat to your privacy that you will ever have, it comes just before the US and more importantly the UK government have passed legislation that violates all you human rights, there is absolutely nothing that is sacred and confidential, Microsoft have access to everything, and they have been systematically collecting Millions of network password keys world wide since the launch of windows 10.

If you think you are safe with windows 8 or 7, well you are sadly mistaken, as recent windows updates over the last 6 months or so, have also made these spyware operating systems. Now I know some of you think I may be making this up, or I may be over the top, but if you think that then I suggest you 'Google'

'Windows 10 spyware' and see what you find.

So what can you do? well quite a lot actually, firstly you can take back control and kick Microsoft's spyware services off your machine, then you will need to reset your Wifi network passkey.

If any of this is of concern to you then I will gladly supply the links and tools and process for cleaning your machines, and making them secure once again.

Kind regards

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

food for thought dragon and even though i like using W10 i will do the checks......thanks for alerting me...<ok>

3. DragonPhilljack

A good place to start Dai would be to go to the Privacy settings and shut everything down, but that is not everything as there is a new technology embedded in Windows called 'Telemetry' these services run deep in the OS, and you need special reverse engineered tools to shut them down and remove them. Also your network password is stolen by the embed Microsoft system program called 'Wifisense', there are tools out there to sort it all out............<ok>

Stumpy likes this.
  4. DragonPhilljack

5. DragonPhilljack

Stumpy and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

Stumpy likes this.
  7. DragonPhilljack

8. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I packed up with Windows 15 years ago was because of the ever increasing "big brother" attitude of Microsoft. I turned to Linux and havent looked back, it`s not perfect, but then again what is.

Glad to be out of all that malware, viruses and general bloatware that accompanies every version of it. Plus when there`s something that does go wrong with Linux, it`s usually sorted within hours and not weeks like that one.

9. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

How can I trust someone that banged on about Baston all summer? <whistle>

10. DragonPhilljack

11. DragonPhilljack

For those of you using windows 7/8, these are the updates you need to uninstall:

The updates in question are:

KB3068708 " This update introduces the Diagnostics and Telemetry tracking service to existing devices.

KB3022345 (replaced by KB3068708) " This update adds the Diagnostics and Telemetry tracking service to in-market devices.

KB3075249" This update adds telemetry points to the User Account Control (UAC) feature in order to collect data on elevations that come from low integrity levels.

KB3080149 This package updates the Diagnostics and Telemetry tracking service to existing devices.

These recent updates released by Redmond install the "Diagnostics and Telemetry tracking service" that is the most controversial component of the Microsoft's newest operating system, Windows 10.

Once installed, the Diagnostics and Telemetry tracking service immediately begins phoning home to Microsoft even if privacy controls are enabled, apparently with no option to stop it. In Windows 7/8 you need to uninstall through add and remove, windows updates..............<ok>

55282 likes this.
  12. DragonPhilljack

It's not my fault the club haven't a clue how to utilise a striker in our formation, he has a decent track record................<ok>

13. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

Instead of using Google as your search engine, who are just as bad as Microsoft with regards to privacy, why not try this one:

https://duckduckgo.com/

They don`t store personal info, like Google, they don`t track you or filter ads to you. All around a better deal for everyone.

seabreeze and DragonPhilljack like this.
  14. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I've been considering Linux for a while now but don't know where to start. Any suggestions Swanee?

15. DragonPhilljack

Ubuntu/Mint is the best distro to start on, has a familiar windows feel to it, and very customizable. and the most popular, dead easy to install and setup, been using it for years, along with other OS's, easy to setup a dual boot with windows as well, or Mac..................<ok>

Forgot about Peppermint: https://peppermintos.com

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Stumpy likes this.
  16. DragonPhilljack

swanseaandproud likes this.
  17. DragonPhilljack

Agree, duck is the default search on Safari browser in OSX...........................<ok>

18. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Great stuff, thanks Phil <ok>

19. DragonPhilljack

No ptoblem stumpy, the new kid on the block with Linux is Manjaro, they say that it is user friendly for newbies, not tried it yet so cannot say, but here is the link for Manjaro as well:

Manjaro Link: https://manjaro.org

20. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Two of the worst sites that hackers use to gain information to your computer is Facebook and Twitter......How they do it i dont know as i have no clue or interested in these type of things.......Beware when using Facebook and twitter as there are thousands out there just waiting for a chance to steal and use your information...