1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Better News - Tonights scores

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Paullow, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paullow

Paullow Member

Well most now seem to think that our attentions this season have now reverted back to simply survival, but its still nice to see the teams below us losing to teams who we obviously can't catch. pleased the big 3 won (obviously coincides with a mackem defear ;)) and we stay above everton and villa for now - but the best result to night was West Brom 2 Wigan 2 - great result. I managed to find a dodgy stream and caught the last 30 mins or so - very good game, keeps wigan 7 points behind, and west brom dont make up too much ground on us. If someone had to get a winner i would have preferred the baggies, but we cant grumble with tonights results at all.

Oh and excellent away win for gateshead 0-3 - clean sheet for tavenier (i assume he was playing), another clean sheet from forster at celtic - and according to talkceltic and kerrydalestreet froums, the big man pulled off an excellent save when the score was 0-1. Shame Carlisle lost though

BRING ON TOMORROW'S MATCH

2. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Was Edmundsson playing for Gateshead

3. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Bloody hell Martin Brittain blast from the past there

4. Ichosethewrongname

yeah i saw his name on the beeb, looks like he was substituted at half time though so i hope he isnt injured!

5. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Wish there was a way to see the goals

6. Paullow

Paullow Member

i dont think edmondsson is up to much - i was looking on gatesheads official website for tonights teams (no mention of it yet) and a report said they are hoping to tie up liddle and tav til end of the season after impressing in their 5 games (no mention of wor joan tho). I was at their game on friday night, and he did not impress me, missed a few very good chances, looked very weak and powderpuff and also got substituted just after half time. i know he is only 19, but i honestly think something like BSP or L2 at a push will be his standard. Tavernier on the other hand was very impressive (as he was in the youth cup last season) and i personally have high hopes for him - maybe not at newcastle, but he will definitely carve out a decent career for himself in the game (hopefully with us)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.