1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best place in the world to visit ?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by PINKIE, Jun 6, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I've done a fair bit of travelling around Europe, North Africa, USA and Central America. Got a holiday with the extended family to Gran Canaria in October, but planning a big trip next spring for a month / six weeks somewhere.

Thinking about Costa Rica and Hawaii, but I'd also love to visit somewhere like Nepal, Bhutan in the Himalayas. But that trip might have to wait until my daughter is a little bit older.

Any tips ? What's your favourite place in the world. My travels are about getting out into the heart of a place, off the beaten track, eating with the locals, exploring the road less travelled. The idea of laying on a sun lounger by a pool bores me to tears.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

When I was working flat out. I was like give me a pool, beach, lounger, book, cold beer. Now **** and leave me alone - come and get me in two weeks.

Been many places myself. Would love to explore Japan one day. Fascinating culture.

Love Italy to bits. Culture, history, and the food!.....

PINKIE likes this.
  3. The Ginger Marks

Travelled extensively in my youth which started with the predictable European destinations and Lived in France, Spain for a few years each. Love fishing and that took me to Canada, USA & South America. Have travelled Asia Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia & Laos now Thailand where I live.

Thailand once out of the big cities and tourist destinations is very beautiful and diverse. Petchabon has fantastic scenery also Loei province is also very nice. Chiang Mai in the north is fantastic but cooler. Thailand has wonderful beaches but they attract the tourists so they are a no, no.

Plan to see family in Australia & New Zealand one day but also want to explore Japan. Probably the worst place I've been is Cairo, Egypt one big sprawling **** heap and the people are......well.....arseholes.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Never been to Egypt, but I've travelled a bit in Morocco, Algeria (sketchy) and Tunisia.

I also got a chance to travel to Mauritania with a couple of friends a few years ago. Not many people get permission to travel there as it's a disputed territory and it's heavily militarised. I went with my friend who is a pro surfer and his photographer for a magazine. Many of the roads are mined and there are military check points everywhere. We were met though with the kindest hospitality from the local Berber people. And did lots of deals involving chocolate and cigarettes :)

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Saw the Middle East a fair bit in the mid 80/90's to mid noughties. Saudi, Tunisia, Syria, Dubai before it was a ****fest and UAE. I liked it all...life wasn't as bad as it is nowadays and rural life is a doddle for me so I found it easy to adjust to the lifestyles. Travelled to Pakistan, it's my heritage, same story there, not much City dwelling, just go back to your Grandparents village and live the lives they lived, stayed there for a year. Went to Kashmir too...next to Pakistan, it's a beautiful place, shame about the ****ers in it and surrounding it. Been to China twice, only because one of my neighbours and a lifelong friend is Chinese. He's also a lazy bastard and had me going all over to get the shopping whilst he stayed in the hotel room playing with his dick...bagged a few Spurs replicas, 4 quid a pop.

Got older and started to expand my horizons a bit however I've never been one for wanting to go to places because they are on the World's bucket list. Visited a fair bit of Europe now, Germany, France, Holland, Spain, Greece, Cyprus and Scotland, Edinburgh is beautiful and deserves a mention as a place to visit. Infact the British Isles are beautiful and even though we don't need to catch a flight, they are still worthy holidays. Hoping to take a mini trip to Vienna soon, try their cakes.

Want to take my lad to Cuba...I don't know why but he's always wanted to go there...just thinks it's cool..so time to start saving soon. He also wants to visit California so I'd love to do that with him..all dependent on Political climates in the future, I don't think I'm going anywhere near the USA if I fear a rubber glove being shoved up my arse.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    PINKIE likes this.
  6. Stan

Stan Stalker

I used to like going to Tall Trees in Yarm as the flange was plentiful and accommodating.

7. The Ginger Marks

IMG_2244.JPG
    Would have to be a threaded flange for me mate. <whistle>

Milk not bear jizz and PINKIE like this.
  8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Blind flange for me, safest option

PINKIE likes this.
  9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Good to see that you've been about a bit. I'd love to visit Kashmir, as I said in the OP I'm thinking about a trip to Himalayas sometime in the future. I'm like you, rather get off the beaten track and live like a local.

If you ever fancy that trip to California, tap me up for some good local tips. <ok>

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Slip on flange for me. Can use it discreetly and on the move <ok>

11. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Definitely will do Pisk <ok>

I've flown over the Himalayas....awesome view...Attenborough world. All them places are definitely for you(apart from Dubai)...shame about the political climate nowadays.

PINKIE likes this.
  12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah, the political landscape around the world is increasingly sketchy, but I've always travelled with an open mind and I've always found that the local people are just like me, friendly, happy, they love their friends and families and they want to meet new people and share stories.

I think there's so much more that unites us in the world than divides us. Some people would have us believe that anybody different to us wants to blow us up or destroy our culture, but the places I've visited have shown me that 99% of the people of the earth are good people who just want a peaceful existence.

13. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I've been to all countries in the U.K. Plus Ireland, then across Europe to Spain, France, Portugal, holland, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, Croatia, Italy, Monaco, briefly through Bosnia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Malta. I think that's all of them... Pretty much all of Europe bar the top and bottom east corners.

I've also been to morocco, Egypt, Israel, Singapore, Australia and Florida.

I'd definitely like to see more of the world, with a potential trip to South America being planned at the moment and a trip to New York and possibly California.

Israel was one of the most interesting places I've been. Sweden was right up there as one of my favourite places, it's got beautiful countryside and the people are really nice (and stunning). Australia was a good trip too, the barrier reef and the blue mountains in particular.

Lovearsenalcock and PINKIE like this.
  14. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Saudi will be in your 1% then.

15. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Been there on business twice. Horrible ****ing place, unless it's changed.

16. Burly Hurley

The most unpleasant people I've ever met.

17. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

What got me was the way they treat fellow Muslims. There were a lot of Pakistanis, and workers from other countries when I was there. They're treated no better than slaves by the Saudis.

Lovearsenalcock and PINKIE like this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I reckon if I went over there with £3.5bn worth of arms deals I'd get a good welcome ....

Lovearsenalcock and Burly Hurley like this.
  19. Burly Hurley

I could have written exactly the same post but quoted lebanese, palestinians and thai's mate.

I had several palestinian and lebanese friends. Lovely people.

If you worked for a Saudi you must be a slave! Ignorant buggers!

20. Burly Hurley

Pop round mine. I'm sure I have something to sell for £3.5bn.