1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best moment as a Liverpool fan.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by KingPepeReina., Feb 18, 2011.

1. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Question.
    What has been your best day as a Liverpool fan.
    Okay the obvious one is Istanbul
    My other favourites are the 4-1 win at the Swamp against Real Madrids feeder club,The 4-0 win against Real Madrid.The 2006 Cup final.
    Anyone else got any others.?

2. Busby 's Babe

Busby 's Babe Active Member

The 4 1 win that meant nothing in the end, bless <laugh>

3. KingPepeReina.

It meant something alright.Ferguson ended up reaching for his bottle of scotch in the jacks,and wouldn't talk to the Sky reporters.He spouted some gibberish about the better team losing.He is a complete and utter moron.

4. Busby 's Babe

Busby 's Babe Active Member

He looked really stupid lifting the Premiership Trophy at the end of the season while you lot ended up with nothing.

5. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Ahh Berbnanidez, nice to see you're still camping on our boards as per usual. First to reply to the OP too, what a shock!

6. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

Not a Liverpool fan, but best moment for me was Dossena scoring again Man Utd in a 4-1 humiliation.

7. David Ngod

David Ngod Member

ngog's goal against united, luis garcia against juventus

8. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I was on a road trip to an away game during the entire 2006 FA Cup final.... I got home and watched the game and it has to be one of the few times I was actually thoroughly ticked off that I missed THAT game!!

2005 Istanbul obviously, Garcia's goal against Chelsea, the 01 (02?) UEFA cup final was a cracker too. I know people talk about Garcia's goal against Juve, but how about Hyypia's colossal performance in the away fixture, total giant that day.

9. Thanks to Shanks

Even Traore put in a solid performance in Turin, we did very well that night. FA Cup Final 2006 was something special. Those two 4-3s with Newcastle were probably the best league games I've ever been to.

10. KingPepeReina.

Hyypia's goal against Juventus was fantastic.I didn't know until then that he could volley like that,It was a left foot volley that any striker would be proud of.Luis Garcia's goal was special,to beat buffon the way he did was something else.It was one of those nights you never forget where you were.

11. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

You have been selected to be the biggest **** in the history of ****s! Please go back to the Man United board to collect your prize.

12. Roberto

Roberto Member

Istanbul or Cardiff in 2006.... Gerrard's goal at the end! And then Reina's pen saves...! Awesome

13. KingPepeReina.

The 1-0 win against Chelsea in the Champions League in 2007,that took it it to penalties and Reina the penalty saving king.
    did it again,My mate text me to ask if I was worried going into the shoot-out,and I said,Nah,When it comes to penalty shoot-outs Reina is a genius.He saved 3 that night,only Fat Frank scored past him.Don't worry about Reina joining Man United in the summer,it ain't going to happen,he can join any club for £20 million except them.Its written into his contract that if the bidding club is Manchester United,they must pay £40 million.They won't pay that.

14. crazyhorsealegend

there have been plenty ie newcastle games,05 champs league and 06 cup final etc etc but the one that stands out was the 3-1 win at home to olympiarkos and when gerrard thumped that third goal in :)

15. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The Gerrard goal against West Ham in the FA Cup final stands out! Great game overall as we just didn't give in even though luck was against us Konchesky cross, own goal etc.

16. Roberto

Roberto Member

We won the cup and even Carra scored a good day in my books ;)

17. Thanks to Shanks

Pepe made up for his earlier mistakes that day...even Konchesky scored.

18. KingPepeReina.

Konchesky's goal was a fluke,every man and his dog knows,His intention was to cross.

19. David Ngod

David Ngod Member

Dudek's 120th minute save from schevchenko from about 6 yards out in Istanbul

20. KingPepeReina.

David Ngod.
    That was unbelievable.
    It was a double save too,and Jerzy to this day still doesn't know how he did it,the best thing about that final was when Shevchenko was about to take his kick,Jerzy walked up to him looked him in the eyes was about to hand him the ball and then dropped it on purpose.Good kidiology that Shevchenko was unaware of because missed,now thats the way to mess someones head up.Apart from the actual save that was the best thing Jerzy did and there wasn't a thing wrong with it as keepers are allowed to intimidate forwards,it was as good as Brucie acting the goat in 1984 with the wobbly legs,Jerzys was called the ''Starfish'' there was also a dance invented called the '' the Dudek''.