1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Benteke celebrating ?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Or the man who put them there and can't improve them :bandit:

Seriously though, saint is right. You all know the problems and can only say so much about them (like any other clubs supporters can with their own), the handshake/celebration routine (which is what it would have been had Sakho been on the field) was just an unusual happening that was bound to be discussed.

2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Homies shaking hands, nothing more to it.

He wasn't going to embarrass his mate by declining their bromantic handshake...he wouldn't pull his mates kegs down like that...but I understand how it would piss the fans off, initially at least.

Jimmy Squarefoot and Diego like this.
  3. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

They wear French letters.

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He'd have got more street cred by literally pulling Benteskey's pants down rather than doing that cringy as **** hand shake <laugh>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Think it's all abit much. Much like players not celebrating if they score against their old clubs. Understand if Gerrard moved to someone else and scored against us, he's a club legend and a fan. But a player that's been here a year or two and moves on, go ahead and celebrate no problem.

Benteke and Sakho are good mates and despite this new handshake thing that players are doing (Alli is another that does it) being super cringey and awkward (maybe I am getting old? <yikes>) see no problem with it.

Sakho is contracted to us but even if he does harbour hopes of coming back, it's good to see him putting in 100% for his current club. That's what you want from a player, 100% dedication so we can't complain when it's dedication to current club even if it's against parent club.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

Clearly common sense is all thats desired.

The common sense to
    A) not take un prescribed drugs if if you got off.
    B) to not miss flights and be late fir team meetings
    C) the common sense to shut up when punished for a and b.
    D) oh yeah and the common sense not to turn up on the bench in a trackie to sit beside fat sam when you cannot play contractually... sit in the ****ing stands you idiot.

So.... yeah committed... to a mental asylum maybe but the rest is all just ego

DirtyFrank likes this.
  7. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

Hang on. This is harsh AND wrong.

Sakho is a Palace player for the season. He has been loaned to Palace who are paying his wages (or part of it whatever the arrangement was). The only rule is that he is not to play against the club that had loaned him out. But that does not mean he has got to sit in the stands <doh>

Jimmy Squarefoot and BobbyD like this.
  8. LuisDiazgamechanger

We are talking about courtesy here: he must know the hurts of Liverpool fans and must not do anything to wind them up-exactly what he did.

9. carlthejackal

I was only referring to MITO's phrase about sitting on the Palace bench and not in the stands.

But even then FFS why are we so touchy? he has fallen out with Klopp who froze him out and then farmed him out to another club. He may feel less enamoured with our manager. Sometimes I feel our fans need to be less sensitive about those things.

BobbyD likes this.
  10. moreinjuredthanowen

I don't agree... in 99.5% of clubs players who cannot play either stay home altogether at away games or sit in the stands. they don't wear trackies like they can play and sit on bench and actively be their parents club's opponent.

He's a dick.... end of :) (just my opinion)

11. carlthejackal

he could have been in a pub jumping up and down like a madman screaming his head off when his mate Benteke who also played for the club scored. So they have grievances against the club and manager in common. <laugh>

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Sometime silence is golden.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  13. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah... well he could have done likewise loudly in the tunnel for klopp to hear too but thats not on ky tv and in front of 54k fans.

simple as.

14. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Yes he was banned

We only chose to make him unavailable before the ban started because the ****tards at UEFA revealed the failed test before confirming they would officially begin to investigate, and they then refused to clarify the rules on whether we could select him

They then imposed the full length of the ban (30 days) plus an extra couple of weeks to announce their findings just to give them more time to search for something to get themselves off the hook as they very quickly realised they had ****ed up the entire thing

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    * Record Points Total likes this.
  15. Prince Knut

Totally agree. It's a bit much if they go and taunt ex fans like that City player did against Arsenal (name escapes me), but nothing wrong with them celebrating a goal for the team that pays their wages. I had no problems when Studge celebrated after scoring against City, or Milner against Villa. Lighten up.

16. Prince Knut

Agree with all that, and he was very harshly treated, and we should sue - but no professional athlete should be putting fat-burners in their body, or anything off the internet or from Holland and Barrett, or whatever. If in doubt, consult the club doctor. He's a ****ing idiot, and then some.

17. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Everyone is overlooking the fact that is was a siiiick handshake. :emoticon-0103-cool:

18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

So I'm right then, he wasn't banned at first, we chose to play it safe and exclude him rather than back him up. Thanks for clarifying it mate <ok>

19. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

I'm still celebrating that Benteke isn't on our books anymore. <ok>

20. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

I'll be celebrating when a few more clear off ...