1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

battle of underhill circa middle seventies

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by qprted, Feb 23, 2016.

1. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

as per football books qpr thug army small but potent saw the barnet fixture as a great day out they did after all have no reputation as a force to be reckoned with
    on the way in our force was disapated into groups of twenties and thirties and we all dutifully went into our allocated space
    although out full strength mob could reach 500 today only 350 in strength we didnt expect too much trouble we were all in a fairly jovial mood
    what we didnt know was a sinister overtone had been put together by a wall fan who lived next to the barnet ground
    and typicall wall had put 200 geezers together they have travelled through the under ground system and had ingfiltrated the barnet seeing that building had been going on the barnet ground they gone into the ground with a load of house bricks
    for fully fifteen mins the qpr sang insults at the barnet and on getting no re plies we stood there expect to beat barnet 6-0
    then it happened on about 17 mins a brick was thrown hitting some qpr fan on the head blood exploded everywhere
    so we were now in a scenerio that we could watch the game we had to watch the away fans to see when the next bricks were thrown
    and somewhere around 15 bricks werre thrown 4 of them did damage that needed stitched heads but after wards the qpr were furious and the police didnt have the resources to control the fight near the station
    only then did qpr realise that millwall were involved,but it was second time that millwall had turned up in numbers to help other teams
    and it shows that london clubs have helped other london clubs millwall have helped palace against qpr
    chelsea although enemies have helped qpr against spurs in the 1982 fa cup final west ham back up dagenham chelsea are currently backing brentford
    i wonder if teams in other cities help each other i cant imagine bristol rovers ever helping bristol city and i cant imagine she utd help she wednesday
    has anybody else ever seen anybody helping another team