1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BARTON TO RE-SIGN FOR BURNLEY

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by finglasqpr, Dec 20, 2016.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Yeah
    Let's just carry on by hoping to re sign hateful people like barton

Wherever and sb_73 like this.
  2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Last time I bothered to read about him he was signed off sick with stress and anxiety.

Each to their own I suppose, but I really don't get this obsession with a gobby poor player. If he really was a decent 'leader' surely we wouldn't have been so **** when he was in the team?

I'd rather have a fat Adel standing still in the centre circle letting the ball bounce off him.

Hoops Eternal and kiwiqpr like this.
  3. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Yes Stan, not many people like Barton as a person. He is gobby as you say. I would take issue with you regarding his leadership and how **** we were. The majority of fans loved him at the time because he always give 100% in terms of effort unlike some of our other prime Donna's. I don't think his performances justified the scandalous amount of money we paid him but he definitely put in a shift whilst others didn't. That is why he got the reception he did when he returned as a Burnley player.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I've lost faith in the view of the majority, Fingy.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. finglasqpr

Understandable.

So....if he really is the player you think he is, why do you think he got such a good reception when he returned?

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Because a lot of football fans think running around aimlessly, punting the ball into touch from all angles whilst shouting at everybody else and committing the occasional bit of casual violence against fellow professionals equates to a good player. Plus of course, his off the field drivel means he's a 'character'.

It's a low bar.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  7. finglasqpr

I think he was liked as a player because he tried.

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

As I said, it's a low bar. He was paid £15m over the course of his contract for trying. One year of his contract he was in exile because of his behaviour, and he didn't want to come back.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  9. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Normally, he put in twice as many good tackles, good interceptions, good passes, and good runs as any other player in our 11. So no wonder he put in a few bad passes and the odd bad tackle too. Don't think anyone is calling him a top PL midfielder, but on the pitch he did a huge job for us in the Championship, as apparently he repeated at Burnley. That he's not my favourite human being is not something that is too relevant too the success of my football team.

seahoop likes this.
  10. finglasqpr

So.....it is about what we paid him and his personality? We should moan about the non-trier's first.

11. finglasqpr

Wasn't he voted Championship player of the year when he was at Burnley? We don't have many players in our current squad who have that accolade on their CV.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  12. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Personally I think he is an average player with a nasty streak and generally a complete cock!

13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

We disagree lads, and we've had this debate before. I doubt any of us are going to change our minds at this stage. He is just the symbol of everything this club has done wrong in the last five years for me. For others he is the symbol of what we should have tried to be doing. He certainly doesn't provoke a bland response.

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  14. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Maybe he wont re-sign.

Joey Barton has been charged with misconduct, with the Football Association claiming the midfielder placed 1,260 bets in the past 10 years.

The FA says he broke rules by betting on the "result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of, or occurrence in, football matches or competitions".

15. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

They've obviously followed up the Scottish FA's investigation, looks like he'll be unlikely to play again this season bearing in mind the length of his previous bans...

16. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

If he was as non-league player he would likely be looking at a life ban for that amount of bets.

The manager of a Southern League Premier side has been banned for three years with the bets being in double figures. Admittedly some of the bets were on his team losing!