1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Back to the Drawing Board - AGAIN..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

<yikes>:emoticon-0148-yes:<yikes>

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Are you giving up just because lee is in charge?
    and makes not one iota of difference whether a mod is a fan of any "jack sch***" they do a very fine job of regulating and moderating the task in hand, without fear or favour.... in our case the Bristol City not 606 board, and to them whom ever they have been or will be I take my hat off to them .....

manxrobin likes this.
  3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The wheels are almost off the wagon and I didn't see any hope from the Brentford match except a bunch of misguided players running out the string. This could end up being the season of most discontent I have ever known since my love for the club started back in the late 50's. I wasn't on the radar of the almost disappearing from sight years due to distance and lack of news here in Canada so this is the most disappointed I have been. I am beginning to believe that we will continue to shoot ourselves in the foot and the changes I have been calling for will never happen due to lack of interest from the most senior member of Bristol City. What a sad bunch we are under this regime. Will tomorrow's game change anything - probably not?

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

In answer, no to the first part, I'm not giving up, I've just been here for 6 years, I have my reasons to the second and as you very well know there is more to life than just fooball, I will still show an interest in not 606 but I have got a lot to do..

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  5. johngalleyfan2

I think for a "few" the old adage life begins at forty can be reinvented to life begins at "sometime after you retire" in 2008 I got a new lease of life that has kept me busy physically and it is physical.. health by way of serious aches and pains has tried to intervene, but sod the doctors whose attitude is here is some pain killers, try to use it, its all to do with age.....most do not even bother with OAP'S, JUST ACCEPT THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT and answer is "just keep on taking the pills"

1) Seriously bad right knee ...for 3 years, now cured 90% all by own efforts
    2) right shoulder and elbow could not lift above shoulder height or grip anything to lift it ..ie TV buttons! but could carry stuff, 30 kgs or so .....cured almost 100%
    3) Aug 2015 1 week paralysed, did get medical advice 3 sources, but only for pain killers and emabarked on a year long plan to at least do 50% of what I did before now up to 90%. I can actually climb a 40 foot ladder that's vertical not leaning against a wall with each step on a rung above the other instead of 1 foot up other to same rung , achieved on Sunday last!

so yes there is a world outside of football, and pretty much more important than1

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Well done John, you must be a very determined individual, keep it up mate.

7. johngalleyfan2

use it or lose it

8. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I know that feeling so keep up the good work.