1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Back to the Drawing Board - AGAIN..

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 2, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Head coach admits he must think again after below-par first half at Brentford.
    • Johnson admits it's back to the drawing board after 2-0 defeat at Brentford
    • Canos and Vibe score first-half goals in the space of nine minutes at Griffin Park
    • Head coach left frustrated by City's failure to build on back-to-back wins
    Lee Johnson admitted he must go back to the drawing board to find a winning formula after City failed to pick up where they left off in defeat at Brentford.

After back-to-back wins preceded the international break, the head coach was confident his team would deliver the goods in front of a sold-out away end at Griffin Park.

But goals from Sergi Canos and Lasse Vibe proved decisive in a first half in which City just never got going.

“It’s back to the drawing board,” Johnson told Bristol City Player HD. “The difficulty I’ve had is that every time we think we think we’ve got a settled side, we chuck in a first-half performance like that.

“Our start was very, very poor and it’s very frustrating because I believed we’d turned the corner.

“We’d put in two decent performances to get two wins and then had a really good ten days’ training, coming into today with no signs of complacency.

“But individual players didn’t get going and that’s what drives any manager mad.

“The first half was really bad. We were flicking at the ball rather than securing it and we played into their hands.

“They’re a bright side and when they’re getting a numerical advantage in midfield, as we’d hoped to do, it becomes difficult to play against them.

“I didn’t think our backline was high enough and they were sloppy with their aggression to play higher up the pitch because we wanted to play in their half. We didn’t do that because we didn’t hold the ball up at all and we were too deep.

“If you look at genuine chances, we probably had as many as them, but it was too late because a lot of those were at 2-0 down.

“It’s so frustrating because when the players are at it, as we saw against Huddersfield, we’re a match for anybody.

“That has to come down to the individual preparing correctly for the game. The game plan was good, but not executed correctly.”

Meanwhile, midfielder Gary O’Neil felt a pop in his knee that forced him to be substituted in the second half.

“Hopefully it won’t be too bad, but it certainly doesn’t seem good on first assessment,” Johnson added.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/...oard-johnson-3652136.aspx#uP7Id1kxhmH14eHv.99

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Blaming it all on the players is becoming a habit, this little teflon character is at it again..

“That has to come down to the individual preparing correctly for the game. The game plan was good, but not executed correctly.”

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

He's played a settled side, not really changed anything in three games so it must be LJ 's fault.
    My mate was there yesterday with his boy who travels all over the country and only missed one or two games in the past five years. Now his comment last night was "Simple as this. Players let every member of that coaching staff , and the fans down." So maybe LJ said what he was feeling.
    I never wanted LJ as a manager, I still don't but he's the manager whether I like it or not. But to me he's still not as bad as some who we've had.
    If we was to get rid of him on any game now other than the relegation game it would be suicide.

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

You what Rod this clown is worse than Benny and Woy.
    This clown is taking the club down.
    Those players want him gone.
    GON apparently spoke to fan yesterday after the match as he was going straight from the ground.
    He said the players are not a happy bunch.
    Make of that what you wish.
    Lansdown has become the master clown I'm afraid.
    Many are losing their respect for him.
    Maybe time to move the club on.
    Bristol Rugby down,Bristol City going down what a shambles this Bristol Sport is.

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Stick to writing your crap on Facebook Neil. I see you wanted to let every know this line on there as well.
    Of course the players ain't happy, who would be when in a relegation battle. He ain't going to say he's living the dream is he?
    Just think in October in was telling everyone "we will be top 6, you mark my words. Watch us go" blah blah.
    Is he worse than SoD? No he ain't we was going into the basement with him!
    I've said I never wanted him, and never actually wanted him since but he's our manager so it's up to us to support him or do what you're doing and that's writing ****e all the time.

6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

have to agree ROD, writing the same old drivel gets to the point it means nothing. in February I read most of the posts anti Lee and took on board some the posters feelings..but repetitive moans means I have pretty much put all that aside and take no notice of stuff now.
    we are where we are and we have to get on with it ...Fullstop lets see what June 1st brings

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Why don't we all just lay down and let the inevitable steam roller of failure drive over us, I don't like the drivel that keeps comimg out of Lee Johnson's mouth, I don't like the pure infantile way he makes excuses, I also get fed up with some of the happy clappers and Lee luvies keep on acting in a holier than thou way, trying to create the impression they are better and truer fans but I have to put up with it.

I want all opinion to keep being expressed, I will carry on being a critic of who I like, when I like and I encourage others to do the same, as I have pointed out previously only a few more weeks and my time will be up, you may get a Johnson fan to replace me, fair enough I say..

Red Robin likes this.
  8. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Wiz is right....this forum is for opinions & debate. RR has been consistent in his opinion and states it. Many of us feel the same way and it hurts as this is OUR club.

As for JGF spouting on about "constant drivel"...hmmmmm, bit of pot calling kettle black there...and he he probably has some fascinating stats to prove it....

Red Robin likes this.
  9. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that some of the unrest may be down to the new coach (holvden I think).

At the end of the first half O'dowda was visibly upset/ angry after what looked like a long exchange of words with the coach. Magnusson was calming him down afterwards as they were heading into the tunnel.

Make of it what you will

10. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

lot of politics seem to be running through- something clearly still not right despite the Huddersfield result-

11. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I'm just tired of the same old rhetoric and all I ask is for my team to be better. Who's fault is it ,well I really don't care, and I just want it fixed but don't see much of a repair on the horizon.

12. Red Robin

:emoticon-0113-sleep:emoticon-0113-sleep:emoticon-0113-sleep

13. Red Robin

Yes the manager does not have the respect of his players.
    Lansdown is taking both Bristols clubs down that play at Ashton Gate.

14. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

We've just come off the international break, and with 10 days training it's "back to the drawing board". Bloody hilarious

Red Robin likes this.
  15. Red Robin

He has lost my confidence in him,guess what the players are thinking <confused>

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I swear to god I'm not a LJ hater, he is just not capable on existing form, I keep saying ths I'm a Bristol City FC supporter and I've been that all of my natural, we are not here for the benefit of Lee Johnson, he is a complete flop, he has had his chance, a benevelont sugar daddy backed him, result rubbish..

Now for the pride of the fans and the way we feel get rid of him,we are suffocating, give us a chance to breathe oxygen and survive, 7 games only left put Tinnion, anybody with experience in charge, the damage has already been suffered..

Red Robin likes this.
  17. Mind the gap!

I think we have to back the team til the end of the season, we can't change much now.

However at the end of rhe season we need to have a big think about going forward including Lj and holvden

gdknac likes this.
  18. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

I just cant believe that every one of those players I watched on Saturday went home feeling proud about the shift he had just put in, espescialy one over rated, over payed, and overweight, lazy git, theres plenty of blame to go round, but don"t put it all at johnsons door.

Supcon72 likes this.
  19. Mind the gap!

I'd say that a lot of player's reactions at full time contained being gutted in them

20. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

"Yes the manager does not have the respect of his players." - Our resident psychologist strikes again!

Losing interest in City now tbh. Can't be arsed. Just need this clown out of our football club (LJ, not RR :emoticon-0105-wink:).

Red Robin likes this.