1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Australia Vs Saudi Arabia - Minute's Silence

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Disco down under, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

They're playing in a world cup qualifier over in Adelaide. Just seen that the Saudi's refused to line up to observe a minutes silence in tribute to the London Bridge attack while Australia did.

I'm no whizz with international relations but aren't the Saudi's supposed to be our "mates"? Their players were wandering all over the pitch before getting into playing formation while the Aussies were stood on the centre circle.

Not sure what to make of this to be perfectly honest.

2. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

That doesn't surprise me at all.

3. Disco down under

I find it shocking that there's been such a mainstream show of defiance. A giant middle finger up at us from the Saudi FA/team. Ouch.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

A bit disrespectful. However the fact that people are getting blown up and murdered alot more regularly around their neck of the woods they probably wonder why there are not minute silences at sporting events every week. If thats the reasoning behind their refusal to line up I could somewhat understand. Any other reason then an explanation should be warranted.

EDIT : Just remembered that there were some Aussies killed in the attack.....so there is no excuse for them not participating in the minutes silence.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Woody likes this.
  5. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

How have the Australian supporters/players reacted? If I was a player I would have refused to play.

6. Disco down under

Yeah they said it was for the victims of the event and their families, specifically the two Aussies who died though. Not just a show a solidarity, a proper tribute to their own.

I've only seen what's going around the press but because it was in the middle of a moment's silence it looks like it's blown over. I think the press will go absolutely mental over it though.

7. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

shocking and disrespectful from the Saudi fa (no caps from me )

8. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

No they're the Tories mates. They send the Tories gifts and donations, Torries sell them arms, Saudi then funds Terror. Tories try to cover it up.

Tories are currently preventing a report into the saudi's from being released back when we had a coalition. It was a condition of the Lib Dems. Not it's be held back from the public as it meant to be pretty damning on their terror funding, but the countries are now that embroiled in each others finances It's created a dodgy as **** situation so the Tories are trying to censor that report.

leez and farnboromackem like this.
  9. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20170608-164335.png
    I hope the Ozzys kicked them off the fecking park.

10. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I dont think they have the time to be doing minute silences for every atrocity that hits their emotions hard as individuals.....they would never Kick off..they are probably sticking two fingers up at the Saudi regime too.

People are going to have to realise life is not only important in Europe...and there are alot of people in this world that have opinions too. A big part of the world cares about their world and not just Europe.

Dont shoot the Messenger...i honestly believe for them its no more than what they see every week.

Edit: i need to clarify that i am not sympathizing....we will have to learn what makes these people tick and why or we wont get any closer to solving the problems that have become apparent recently.

11. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Its one minute to show respect to the dead ffs.
    It was done at this match because 2 Ozzys died in the atrocity, feck all to do with europe.

Billy Death likes this.
  12. Brian Storm

Disagree fella. You come on a lot talking about respect, it doesn't just have to work both ways, it's has to walk all ways in life. Absolutely no excuse for them not to show respect to the Australian nation. It can only be politically driven.

13. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I agree...but the animosity in some parts of the world is different to how we feel in this country. Dont get me wrong, i would do it...it happened in my country...but the Arabs are a different breed, different perspectives. I bet they hate the Royal Family too. Just have to pretend they like them.

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I agree Bri...im just saying i dont think they care as much as we do..they watch Al Jazeera...last week they were probably watching extended coverage of the attack in Iraq which left 80 dead.

Mate, i would do it...im just trying to say..i was not surprised at all. Alot of the hatred spread through the youngsters here comes from the Wahabi sect which originates from Saudi Arabia.

Arabs Govt doesnt give a **** so long as they can make 7 star hotels. The Arab royal family is something to be despised.

I think there are alot of angry people in this world..not just here. It just did not surprise me that they reacted like that, thats all.

sorry if i offended anyone <ok>

15. Brian Storm

That's my point though. It's not about care, it's about respect. I don't expect them to care. I expect them to respect the match, game, opponents, The country of their opponents and their victims. It's good sport and it demonstrates their attitude to Terror and that's ****ing scary.

It may be a reason, but it's not an excuse. It's politically driven and it's rooted with hatred. They should be banned from international football.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I would agree with that too...im sure they will turn around and say Politics has got no room in sport etc. Im not going to make excuses for them..i just could see what they were thinking..because ive seen it thought out before.

**** them, they **** anyway

17. Brian Storm

To be fair, technically you're designing excuses for them, you're even showing your workings. :emoticon-0172-mooni

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Well i'll say no more then.

19. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

Arrogant a-rabs. They have the billions in oil revenue and think they can get away with this scornful abuse of our culture.

Arabs. The **** of the desert.

x

Billy Death likes this.
  20. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!