1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Article: Manchester United v Everton | Everton FC, Football

Discussion in 'Everton' started by shogs, Feb 4, 2013.

?

What will be the result of the match?

1. Manchester United Win

2. Draw

3. Everton Win

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. One of the lads

One of the lads Well-Known Member

Because you're an embarrassment for people like me who have to suffer the "arrogant glory hunter" ****e on almost a daily basis. I don't think you're a glory hunter if you genuinely have been a fan since 197whatever but talking down to Everton fans because they don't have as many international players, in your opinion (I've never looked into it and am not sure I'll have time to before I die), is just the work of a complete tool.

If you want to play the mycockisbiggerthanyourcockgame just get your cock out.

2. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

am not talking down Everton .. Everton are a very good side and they can upset us next weekend but we are discussing 2 different subjects here

it is a fact that our players have more games to play, so sure they will try to safe more energy , more when you play 2 games a week most of the season, just trying to do enough to win the 3 points, we did that many times over the years and not reacting till the end of the game or when a goal down , and we paid high price for that in the last year CL.

beside as a top club, players tend to relax more , while opposite sides who are in mid table and lower will try their best to beat us and give 100% ..
    the guy refusing categorically that teams don't put 100% at times .. smaller clubs do knock out stronger clubs bcz simply they want it more than the other club?

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not really - there's always space at the top of the league for talented but mentally fragile players who can't hack the competition in the CL - just ask Arsenal, or the Newcastle and Blackburn sides from the 1990s.

As I said, the proof of that will be at the end of the season. The most goals we've scored in a PL season is 97, and the most we've conceded is 45, and we are a fair way away from threatening either of those records thus far.

4. Dave A

Dave A Member

So, the match then. I'm hoping for a United win but Everton are a bit of a boegy team for us. That said, I can't see Fergie taking too many chances right now. I think he'll want the league won before we play City again in which case we need to be winning as much as possible. Everton are the toughest team by far we have to play for a while though then we have a tough run in at the end of the season so I can't see Ferige taking too much of a chance here. Doesn't mean we'll walk it, or even win it though, what happens on the day is down to a myriad of things.

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The PL of the 90's isn't a patch on what the PL at it's peak was, in terms of quality, so that's a daft comparison.

Plus, Arsenal have a good record in the CL, so I've no idea why you've lobbed them in.

6. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

I hope you're wrong, I'm wondering whether Fergie is trying to win another two European cups to equal those across the park before he goes so I'm hoping he puts everything in the Champions league on Wednesday and plays some fringe players in our game.

I heard Jones is out with illness.

7. Dave A

Dave A Member

Yeah, 3-4 week with shingles.

I think we should play him, just give him the ball and see who's brave or stupid enough to risk touching him and try to tackle the ball back.

8. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

haha!

I'm glad he is out as I think Fergie might have put him on Fellaini with literally the instructions to mark Fellaini out of the game.

9. matth_22

matth_22 New Member

Felliaini is a doubt i read yesterday, also i've done a matchday thread on our board, feel free to comment.

10. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Will do matth.

I wouldn't read too much in the Fellaini injury. I'm pretty certain he will be fit.

11. matth_22

matth_22 New Member

probably Shogs, Carrick has dropped out of the England squad due to a '' hip injury''.

12. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

A point would be great here considering le ****e are 6 points behind us and have West Brom and Swansea at home before we play again in the league after United.

13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't have a bean on them taking 6 points from those 2 fixtures.

14. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

True, they're both top half teams :p

Still, they've been decent at home lately.

15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

They're still leaking goals like a seive, so despite their over confidence of late, a reality check isn't far away imo

16. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Aye they still conceded 2 against all Arsenal, City and United. Massive amount of mental fragility in that team.

Next year will be their year though <doh>

I don't know why but I've got a feeling that Moyes might play Jelavic in this game.

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I think there's a massive amount of defensive ****eness in that team mate. They're a decent footballing side, but the very set up that's allowing them to control posession in the opposition half in order to be one, is leaving them stretched & exposed at the back. All great sides are built on a a sound defensive set up, they're attempting to tackle it the other way around & they'll consistently fall short imo, as the system is fundamentally flawed.

18. Style

Style 'where is the love'

This fixture has become a bit of a problem for us recently but i feel with home advantage and a rediculous strike force we will overcome you on this occassion.

Going with a 3-1.

19. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

Can't see a comback on the cards today cruel to concede a goal just on half time and the less said about sheitinga the better...ah well...

20. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

2-0 loss can't say we deserved anything we were quiet for much of the match only played well for 30 mins all told...Dust off and get ready for Norwich then...