1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal v Bayern Munich: Arsenal advancing is as unlikely as...

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Mar 7, 2017.

1. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

The last man thing has changed. If it's a penalty they are under no obligation to send them off now. Also it looked to me like shoulder to shoulder and the Bayern player actually initiated the tangle of legs. What was he supposed to do, leave the forward alone to score. Not losing any sleep over it, but I thought it was harsh.

gooner4ever likes this.
  2. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

I thought that the refs only had that choice if there was an attempt to play the ball.

3. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

Anyone got a view of the other penalty shout? I watched on quite a high quality stream and to me looked like 100% penalty, and I didn't think he (Alonso, was it?) touched the ball at all. Can anyone who saw in TV quality clarify?

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think the issue with Wenger is that he doesn't seem to be able to take us any further. Now for a lot of fans, they would give their right arm for a Top 4 finish and CL football every season, but at Arsenal, our owners promised us that the move to the Emirates would mean that we could be competing with the likes of Bayern and Barca for the top trophies, we've been patient, watched us try and develop a youth policy when we were skint, and patient again when we were able to start matching the spending of Chelsea and City etc. But last night showed just how far off the pace we really are. It's a shame, because as mentioned we were playing really well in that game last night until the ref killed it.

That said, we fell apart after that and yes the players need to take responsibility for that. There was very little the manager could have done after that point. But this isn't just a one off, we've been on the end of a few hammerings by the top clubs and it's all become a bit predictable and repetitive. Wenger is a legend and always will be, he transformed Arsenal into exciting team and won us two doubles, 3 titles and 6 FA cups, but I think his time is coming to an end now, and it's now up to the club to plan for the future.

gooner4ever and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Looked a stonewall to me. Certainly if the Kos one on Lewandowski was, then so was the one on Walcott.