1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal points gained through cheating thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PowerSpurs, Oct 16, 2016.

1. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I feel that the "Cosmic joker" is setting the Goons up for some FA Cup WUMmery to
    add to this seasons' PL/CL grief ...

2. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

The Chelsea game shows just how important decisions are. Swansea were denied a 10/10 handball, and one going at slow speed at that, with the score at 1-1. If they get it, their chances of winning are pretty good, and a draw or better must be in the 9/10 range. Of course it might merely have amounted to a blip, but when you consider the knock-on effects on confidence, it could be the difference between Chelsea winning the league and Swansea being relegated. Azpilicueta's hand goes forward and meets the ball while it travels at a glacial pace and his arm is fully extended. He even slaps downward with his hand. And yet a rocket going off Rose's tucked elbow is given...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    paultheplug likes this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You really need to watch this again, glacial speed may have something to do with the film being in slow motion.
    Yes his arm is extended (he is intending to push off his opponent to assist his turning, foul, possibly), yes his arm/hand slaps down but not at the ball, it is a consequence of missing his intended push.
    the ball hits his upper arm after a cute heel by the attacker, intentional, no, a penalty, probably.

This site is far worse than the mouser board has ever been for whinging about ref decisions (except in your/their favour) and I never thought that would be possible.
    Try watching all games as 2 teams you have never seen before, the reffing may surprise you quite a bit when you have no axe to grind.

4. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

If ref decisions are wrong then why not whinge about them? Wrong decisions have a far bigger impact on the league than anyone will admit - and they most certainly do not "even themselves out over a season". I just want the right decision, I don't see what's wrong with that. And a lot of the decisions we are "whinging about" maybe indirectly affecting us, but are not necessarily against Spurs. Like this one for example.

5. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

If you think that wasn't a penalty you must be totally ****ing mystified at 98.79% of penalties that united are given

6. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

You seem to agree with with my point, but feel that I have exaggerated, as indeed I did. As to the rest of your post, we all have our faults. Some whinge too much, others cross the line between disagreeing with what people have to say and finding fault with them personally. The latter tends to produce heat rather than light, IMO, and leads to exchanges which are an unpleasant waste of time.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  7. remembercolinlee

After seeing you lot benefit again from **** decisions i get why you defend refs <whistle>

8. vimhawk

It would take a couple of seconds for a senior ref with video evidence to have changed those last two decisions (the Chelski handball yesterday, and the Soton "offside" goal today), none of the mythical "slows the game down" crap and more importantly it would be the RIGHT DECISION!!! Why are the authorities (and a lot of pundits) scared of that?

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Most of them are so no real problem there.
    Just out of interest, have you ever seen Spurs get a "dodgy" decision in their favour and did you complain about it vehemently and often?

10. vimhawk

Can't remember, not important though because I refer you to the bit of my last posting that you put in bold. Let all the decisions be right and I'll take my chances thank you very much.

(My instinct though is that wrong decisions tend to favour certain teams so we'd be up on the deal. That's not just because of the decisions that go against us, but those in other games that favour "certain teams" so are indirectly against us as well. Are you scared of the decisions being right by chance?)

11. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

If controversial incidents were removed entirely, what would they have to talk about? Their knowledge of football? No wonder they're terrified.

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You do realise that only this and the Liverpool board ever have discussions about "controversial" incidents. other boards must have something else to talk about after all.

13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Your board has stickied a thread about what people are going to have for dinner.

14. humanbeingincroydon

Not only is that not true, given there's one on the Chav board, but it's a bit rich from someone whose board has a thread that is literally talking ****: http://not606.com/threads/ibs.343785/

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Two fine examples that show others have things to talk about without contentious decisions.
    Thank you both <ok>

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  16. humanbeingincroydon

Except that it doesn't. Anyone who actually looked at our board for three seconds would know that.

17. remembercolinlee

Did you see your cup final thread?
    5 pages long...your board is becoming as dead as the chelsea one mate.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.