1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Anyone confident about the Villa game?

Discussion in 'Reading' started by SuffolkRoyal, Mar 8, 2013.

1. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Of the games we have left to play, this should be one that we go into thinking we can win. I imagine Villa fans will be thinking exactly the same, they will see a very poor Reading side as the opportunity to pick up some well needed points.

On balance, I think I would slightly more confident if I was a Villa fan.

2. furiousgrumpywilliam

Think your right , our manager just don't to me seem to realise the mess we are in .just keeps on about the next game ,well Brian we are running out of the next games pretty quickley

3. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

You will do well to win another game this season.

4. furiousgrumpywilliam

you may be a WUM but your probably nearer the truth than you intend to be .

5. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

There are a lot of West Ham fans who Reading have needled over the last few years so its little wonder a few of them come on here to gloat.

But if you read this trixter, William and me have over a hundred years of supporting Reading between us, so we're not Reading fans who will be overly concerned by other fans comments, because we've heard it all before, and probably worse.

6. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

I'm 30 years old and I have supported West Ham for 25 of those years. I don't think you are anymore qualified as a football fan than me but thanks for the warning :D

Oh, and it's "William and I" - you should know that at your age good Sir.

7. Stellaman

Stellaman Member

Have fun in your nice new stadium Trixter along with The Mighty Leyton Orient.Damn shame another old stadium is about to bite the dust.Its never the same for the older fans like us,it was much more fun at Elm Park in the old third division where we never had to put up with big time Charlie's dismissing us.

8. furiousgrumpywilliam

all the west ham fans out there ,and we get the one that talks "proper", yknow wat I mean innit, have a good day mate

9. Stellaman

Stellaman Member

Nice to know they are not all wide boy pearly kings then,decent poster this one,and he could be right

10. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Fair play mate, 25 years out of 30 supporting West Ham, That qualifies you as a true football fan.

So the one thing you have in common with William and 'I' is that you're a realist where your team is concerned.

11. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Hum, in the strictest sense of your words, you must have received good pocket money then when you were at primary school?!

12. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Another shambles.

Some serious decisions have to be made at Reading between now and the beginning of next season. AtoZ has to get to grips with the main causes of our problems, which he should be well aware of by now, all three of them, and he needs to get tough.

That is, of course, if he really does have serious ambitions for the club and it isn't just a business venture.

13. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

could well be major changes + clearout before long ... time will tell.

14. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

I think its all over for Reading now with the fixtures you have coming up, we still have a chance at QPR as we have got a few winnable games to play.
    I will miss seeing daib0 on here as he is a great poster

15. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Our season was all over in January mate, with the pathetic transfer window.

There was no preparation for the premiership made in the summer and, in January, when it was clear we needed to strengthen the squad to give ourselves a fighting chance, it was the same old Reading story. There seems to be a philosophy within the Reading board room that football can be done on the cheap. We manage to get away with it in the championship, but you just can't do it in the prem. All we do is take up a premiership place which another club would take more advantage of, so relegation is about what we deserve.

Harry seems to be starting to work his magic for you at just the right time. Its going to be an interesting run in. I'm convinced we're down so its just a matter of which two clubs join us. Wigan, Villa and Rangers are fighting it out at the moment, but Southampton and Sunderland could still be sucked into it. An interesting couple of months ahead of us.

16. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

your post is 100% correct, if you get the right man in and keep the squad together you will be fighting for promotion again next season