1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Another Terrorist Attack on London Bridge

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Jun 3, 2017.

1. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Forgive me for having a wry smile when you accuse me of defining myself through negatives all the time, Stan - from you, who is often angry, and positive about nothing much beyond overseas sport! Not that I don't genuinely enjoy your colourful accounts on the latter.

What I'm in favour of re border and immigration matters, is that government and courts put the safety of the people of this country before ultra liberal/ pc-extreme laws that allow dangerous foreigners to stay here. I'm talking here about Human Rights legislation that enables immigration tribunals (often presided over by first or second generation immigrants) to allow foreign murderers and rapists to stay in the country - usually because there's a risk they will be persecuted if they go back to their own country. And allow the Abu Hamsa's of the world to avoid extradition and proper trial for years.

We also need to look more carefully at asylum seekers coming in since they, or their offspring (Manchester bomber) are often more dangerous than the regimes they flee. It's too easy for failed asylum seekers to get back into the country (one of the London Bridge bombers did it by marrying an Irish woman). We need house arrest or tagging for at least the 3000 Daesh jihadists living in our midst. Sadly, now with a hung parliament, I doubt much will be done to make us safer in this respect

UTRs likes this.
  2. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I'd rather a pariah regime several thousand miles away than a suicide bomber in our midst.

UTRs and GoldhawkRoad like this.
  3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I was looking for something rather broader, but this isn't the thread for it.

4. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Agreed Stan
    Their own people are simply not doing enough to stop this and we need to do much more to hold their religious and political leaders accountable. In a perverse way what Trump did last week bringing 52 Muslim leaders together and the subsequent squeeze on Qatar is a start.
    Think back to last winter and the sad scenes we saw of hundreds of thousands of Syrian people trekking across Europe in awful conditions. The vast majority of these people were Sunni Muslims. Yet how many of the Sunni gulf states that are underpopulated and have unlimited resources took these people in? What did western leaders do to put pressure on?
    We're playing the wrong game. Make these people control their own or close the doors and start to deport.
    Sadly, I fear we will see several more of these mindless attacks and more innocent people will die until we get this right.
    Having lived among these people for 2 years they are determined in their mindset that they don't want democracy or westernism. They want to be left alone. So I say, let them be. Let them control or kill eachother over there. Let them turn on eachother. Let's not continue to give their extremists the ammunition and excuse they need to bring their terror to our shores.

GoldhawkRoad, sb_73 and Uber_Hoop like this.
  5. Uber_Hoop

Good post, Nutster.

6. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Think Big Yin has solved the issue....

UTRs, danishqp, Uber_Hoop and 2 others like this.
  7. Uber_Hoop

I find myself moved by this selfless act and the fact that he paid the ultimate sacrifice seemingly going to the rescue of a complete stranger in a foreign land. I suspect we'd all like to think we'd have done the same, but how many of us truly believe we have that courage within us?

London Bridge attack: Spain honours 'skateboarding hero'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40226731

danishqp, QPR999, kiwiqpr and 2 others like this.
  8. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

The tragedy encapsulated my views on immigration perfectly - all the people killed or injured trying to help (French, Canadian, Australian, Spanish, Rumanian) I've no problem coming to live in the UK. The three ****s (and the twat from Manchester) responsible for the outrage, from backward third world countries, are the places we should be trying to limit immigration from.

UTRs, danishqp, kiwiqpr and 1 other person like this.