1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Angus Gunn

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Dangerous Marsupial, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_u18s_1_crystal_palace_u18s_1_1_794381

He's made his debut for NCFC U18s aged just 15! Looks to of done quite well too. Remember the name, I reckon he's one for the future, and if he's anything like his dad then the future is bright. I was sad that Brian Gunn wasn't given more time (Although in hindsight it was for the best) but I'm glad his presence is still actively with the club in the form of his son.

2. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

What a great name too! Hi dm, oh hello, hi there mahahaheee woof

3. NORKIE

NORKIE Well-Known Member

Dangerous bor, saw him in pre-season friendly at Lynn, was very impressed.

4. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised, if he's anywhere near as good as his Dad, he'll be a real asset to the club.

I rate Bryan as the second best keeper in my years of supporting City, beaten only by the magnificent Kevin Keelan :)

5. colu_mike7

colu_mike7 Active Member

I'm surprised Bryan didn't take him out of the Norwich academy after the shameful way he was treated last season...

6. NORKIE

NORKIE Well-Known Member

ColMike, you have a lot to learn about us Norfolks and those who support Norwich City. Gunny is still a legend to us, and if he was, as you say, "shamefully treated", that is your opinion. Obviously Gunny doesn't share your opinion and think like you, otherwise he would have taken the huff and ceased supporting the club.

We don't value a player by what he is worth on the transfer market, but by his attitude to our club and Gunny proved he had his heart in the club when without prior notice he took over the reins to manage the club. Just remember he had no previous experience of club managership, but that didn't deter him from coming to the club's rescue.

Lee Clark, assistant manager, had been released to Huddersfield, Roeder was dismissed and Worthington turned the board's offer to manage down. That 7-1 thrashing you gave us was the nail in the coffin for Gunny, so in effect Colchester were to blame.

A piece of personal advice, don't spend the rest of your life with a chip on your shoulder regarding Paul Lambert's defection. We've had the same happen to us on at least four occasions to my knowledge, we just shrugged our shoulders and got on with life.

Talking of shameful treatment, what about Colchester's treatment of PL. Norwich enquired of his services and what was your reply: "How much are you prepared to pay." Obviously your chairman didn't rate PL very highly if he was prepared to release him. Got that completely wrong, didn't he? Not wanted on voyage so PL shipped out!!!

7. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Whilst I find it hard to believe anybody could feel any emotional attachment to Colchester United, if your once a Yellow, you're always a Yellow. Ironically Mike it seems you post more on here than you do on the board of the team you supposedly support!

8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

NORKIE and DM, you both make very valid points, the only conclusion I can come to is that Mikey is a masochist and loves setting himself up for a bloody nose ;)

9. cardinalcanary

cardinalcanary Active Member

Back to the original post, I see on the Club Website that Angus Gunn is going with the England U16's team to Slovenia this weekend. Good on him. Another rising star (along with Jed Steer in the England Under 19's squad).