1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Andy Carroll

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Andy Carroll's Drinking Partner, Jan 31, 2011.

1. HostileRevolt

HostileRevolt New Member

I reckon it's a good deal for both clubs on this occasion. What many people are forgetting is that Carroll is only 22, I know it's his first season in the premiership but he will only get better. What's even better than this is that the Suarez and Carroll fit perfectly, the styles of of both of them complement each other, so it shows strategy by Comolli and Kenny. And it seems like this money is used to replace Torres + £10 million, which at the start of today, I would have taken. People are saying Carroll is too much money, but what I love about this is that it's an investment for the future, and with Carroll being 22 and Suarez 23, it'll be a lethal strikeforce for years to come.

2. Roberto

Roberto Member

Let's say Carroll stays with us till he's 32, that works out at 3.5mil a season... Obviously we'll have to renew contracts along the way but still that's good value over the course! And if he fires us to a few cup wins the better it'll be!

Chelsea on the other hand have paid 50 mill for the last 3-4 years of Torres' career, that's 12.5 a season providing he stays fit!!

Good work NESV ;)

3. maddog

maddog Member

£35m + dippers have been well mugged lol

4. maddog

maddog Member

Start burning your Shirts Dippers Ha Ha Ha

5. Andy Carroll's Drinking Partner

haha hopefully nolan has not driven Carroll to Liverpool but kidnapped him lol, I think its a bit early in his career to be spending that much money on him, however in ten years time it will have been worth it. Hope he does well for you mind. Would still rather keep him mind!

6. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

Liverpool statement read "club record fee" not "british record fee"

I take all Sky stuff with a pinch of salt, for all we know Nando is sitting at home in Liverpool eating a pot noodle!

7. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

It is a British record transfer fee though, as well as a club record transfer fee. The second largest is Rio ferdinand with £30m.

8. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

I think it's the largest in the PL bar none. Robinho was 32m and a bit, and was the record. Although I assume Nando to Chelsea with be the record come the end of the day.

9. maddog

maddog Member

And guess what lmfao

10. Roberto

Roberto Member

The second best record is or is at the moment Berbaslof to the manc... that was 31m right?

11. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

Well Utd, before today, had 3 of the top 6 i think, with Rio, Berba and Rooney. 30,31,27 respectively, more or less.

12. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

JohnBishop100 John Bishop
    No doubt Andy Carroll is a good player but £35m for a man with a ponytail! At least the image rights will be cheap..,.!

tweet from everyones fave comedian

13. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

Just found this, for anyone interested

Eurosport:
    Mmmmkay there's a lot of talk about British transfer record fees. The domestic transfer record between British clubs was Berbatov from Spurs to United, £30.75m, but obviously C-Ron's move to Madrid was fabulously riche at £80m and Andriy Shevchenko cost a few pennies more than Berbatov when he joined Chelsea from Milan, as did Robinho when he joined City from Madrid. So Carroll, at £35m, would be a British record between domestic clubs AND a British record purchase; players have been sold for more though.

14. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

Lol, he sees that he's supposed to be signing for chelsea, chokes on his pot noodle and just says "Que?"

15. ToonArmyW'ereBarmy

ToonArmyW'ereBarmy New Member

He might have cost a ridiculous amount but he'll be brilliant for you, i'm absolutley gutted, a bit of pleb handing in a transfer request when he's meant to be a geordie but money talks.H ewill be a lot better than torres has been for you this season that's for sure. we wont get a penny to re invest and dont have time even if we did..at least your owners spending money to improve your team.

16. mackemsteve

mackemsteve Member

what were you saying mate hahahahahaha

17. James_8

James_8 Member

If we hadn't spent that money, it would show as profit and we'd have had to pay tax on it. *Not 50m obviously, but a decent chunk.

Probably the difference between paying 30m and 35m. *That 5m might have gone to the taxman anyway?

I'm not accountant, and this mightn't be right, but if I was in a similar situation when doing my tax return, and I was over the tax free limit I'd spend money on a new laptop or something instead.

18. crazyhorsealegend

just come of a night shift and obviously been keeping an eye on last night developments.
    andy carroll gr8t so what 35 million? he is 22 6ft4 and english what a talent fantastic.
    suarez 23 great player him and carroll is mouth watering cant wait for them to get started.
    the only downside is adam would loved to off got him,but hey maybe the summer.
    all these players want to play for lfc and we have 2 of them maybe the other to come.
    torres what a shame,could of gone down in our clubs folklaw but not to be,but he must realise due to the the premiership getting closer chelski have not got a god dahm given right to finish in the champ league places this season,be a shame eh?
    i am sure kenny has had some input in these signings so hopefully that is a good sign that he will be here beond the summer :)

19. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

35 million for a striker with 6 months experience in the premier league?

Newcastle are laughin' themselves to the bank.

Carroll has more experience fighting on the training ground than playing football in a decent league!

20. Ameobi's Zeppelin

FAIL, mackem muppet!

Go check the Newcastle board. Most fans are actually disappointed at Carroll leaving, despite the money...

In the long run, Liverpool have gotten an awesome striker, better than anyone Sunderland could ever hope for.