1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Am I alone ?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Nov 17, 2016.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

In spending my time scanning the media outlets for news of a sacking, has my life really become so sad waiting for Jed's demise is my most important task. I can't remember a time when the whole team setup and performance have left me so downhearted, Please Scally the time to act is now!

2. brb

brb CR250

It seems this guy is immune for some reason, dare i even suggest he might be a yes man...banter mr chairman

3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

4. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

grumpygit
    you will have seen my 'wind - up' threads - You are not alone! I share your pain. I am sure that JE has got it wrong - in so many ways. I'm not going to repeat them - to save you more pain but -
    I am now actually reaching new lows. I have previously stated that I think that the squad, (individually and on paper), has enough ability to challenge at the top of L1.
    However - I now believe that JE's managerial skills are causing virtually all the squad to play in such a way that their natural abilities are being stripped. So many of them are performing so poorly, that I am beginning to doubt that their demise is down to the style, tactics, positional decisions and formation employed or demanded by JE.

Perhaps they have all suddenly become rubbish footballers collectively in a very short space of time. The reality is probably 'not.' I can accept that when this happens to one or two, it can be down to a lack of form - but that cannot be the case for the whole team - not without somebody in 'control.'

5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Firstly ( and foremostly ), I wish Mr.Scally a full and speedy recovery. Secondly, I invite him to listen to his own words - and ponder on them.

He states that THIS morning he is "shocked,embarrassed,humiliated and very angry". Mr.Scally accepts that all Gillingham fans feel the same way. He appreciates that the team has no confidence and not capable of defending. He recognises that the players ARE talented - and that any manager "worth his corn" has got to address the problems.

MY message to Mr.Scally would be that, as Gills fans, we have had too many 'THIS' mornings in the last 12 months. We are in a permanent state of shock, embarrassment, humiliation and anger. We know the team can play much better. WE are the people who are paying the manager's wages - and it certainly isn't chicken feed. If I had a rooster for 12 months that wasn't delivering the goods, he'd be plucked THIS morning !..................... I said 'plucked', not ( well - you know what I mean )

6. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

The new restrictions on loans has shown up that some managers can cope and have brought in during the summer, players that in their judgement will be good for the season ( at least until January ), and the rest including JED couldnt hack it without additions during the season because they couldn't identify or get suitable players. Those managers are now being shown up and will pay with their jobs.

7. brb

brb CR250

I've listened to the interview and everything that Paul Scally has said, I think his comments were very warming and considering his current health situation he was dignified and as respectful in his view as a chairman could be - I also wish him a good recovery.

Now turning to my usual banter and a point everyone would be laughing and expecting me to raise, price of a pie and no complaints hahaha, I'm guessing my past emails have been hidden from him. Albeit before the new supplier.

In regards to £50 for two, seriously Paul this is Gillingham and the demographics of the area would suggest that £50 is a hell of a lot of money to some people.

Hey but whatever, life at the mo is more precious, thanks for a very good and amusing interview by Kent Radio <ok>

8. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Back to back wins in the league. 3 wins out of our last 4 games in all competitions. I would say Edinburgh is safe much to a few people's disagreement <whistle>.

9. brb

brb CR250

I reckon JED is safe too, he's like a packet of crisps.

Vacuum sealed but containing little content <laugh>

10. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

PegLeg, no one wants to sack Jed, they just want Gills to win, if Jed can achieve that great, if not P45.