1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread All Purpose 2016/17 Pre-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TheOXOCube:5pur2, Jul 20, 2016.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

There is Chambers. We've also played Debuchy at CB before and Monreal. But I'd rather see Monreal at LB. Ultimately though, we're going to need to buy another CB

2. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

Haven't we signed him the past 6 transfer windows running now?

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Just like a striker <laugh>

Yours for £20 million though :)

4. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

Coq can do a job at the back if needs be.

5. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

We technically have cover with Chambers but he hasn't factor much for us last season, hope he can gell with Kos well. We still need to get a new CB for the long run.

6. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

For a man who played Eboue centre mid against Fulham a few years ago I really don't think Paulista having an injury will change Wenger's transfer plans.

7. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Debuchy playing like he really wants to leave. Pretty soon he'll be hooning it towards our own goal!

8. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Too much water under the bridge. Cole ain't going back <whistle>

9. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Time for my dash of pre-season optimism where I predict Arsenal to win, attempt to justify it and everybody tells me I'm an idiot.

This year I think arsenal will finally do it. 2nd last year and other teams need to catch us up.

Leicester, I don't think will be able to repeat their miracle. They can't get through the season injury free again and they just don't have the depth. I think they will do better than most people predict, but will fall just outside the top 4.

Man City are good but they have a new manager and they have a really suspect defense, and Stones is not an upgrade. He was crap for Everton, he is crap for England, and he will be crap for Man City. I actually think that Man City will do a Chelsea this year and tank completely. Aguero will perform heroics as long as he stays fit, but even he can't save them this year. Pep seems to be a good manager, but as far as I am concerned he has never had to build a team. I'm not going to automatically believe he is going to be a difference maker, until he proves it.

Man United have a lot of improving to do, and I think they have a lot of problem areas to improve. They have bought well, but most players take a year to settle. I think top 4, but they still have a dodgy defense and too many individual players. I think they can win a cup again and finish top 4, but winning it all might be a step too far this year. Mourinho has lost his magic, don't count on him adding anything.

Liverpool are the same team we have seen year after year. You are really bigging them up if you think Wijnaldum and Mane are difference-makers. I think their season will go like their preseason, good wins followed by bad losses. Top 4, but only just.

Tottenham I think are going to do well damn it! They have a stable team, a decent defense and a well balanced team. I'm sad to say that if Arsenal don't win it, I think they will.

Chelsea have to get a lot better than last year to feature in the title race. I just don't think that they are going to be so much better. I don't think they will be in the top 4 again. They have neither a good defense, midfield, or forward line.

And Finally Arsenal. We are better than we were last year. We have lost no one significant, and although we have a few injuries to start off, I don't know if Mertesacker or Gabriel were going to be first choice CBs. Holding and Chambers are ready, and are the new wave of modern CBs with pace. They will partner the best CB in the league by far in Koscielney. We also have by far the best midfield in the league, and Giroud and Sanchez are more than enough up front. If one of Campbell, Walcott, Ox, Gnabry, or Akpom come good then we will soon forget what we were moaning about in pre-season.

As I said up front, No one thinks Leicester are going to repeat, so we are the team that the others need to improve, more than we do, to beat. I just don't think that they have done enough.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  10. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Your intelligence and insight have been sorely missed on this board <ok>

Smirnoffpriest likes this.

11. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

Your optimism has been sorely missed on this board, even if I don't share it!

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I fear your opinion of Chelsea may be slightly off :emoticon-0100-smile

13. ToledoTrumpton

I only have a dash of optimism; it's not enough to spread around!

Diego likes this.
  14. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

It will be fun replying to posts like these again, it has to be said!

15. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Chelsea have a more balanced team than we do. And a better manager, which makes a huge difference.

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

That's my favourite part:)

What do you think after today TT? Enjoy watching the champions elect laying down an intimdating marker?

17. ToledoTrumpton

City are doing well, but lets see how they do into the season. It is a marathon, not a sprint.