1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Alexis Sanchez to Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Every rag is reporting that we are enquiring with Arsenal about Alexis Sanchez.
    Obviously they won't sell to us, but he has 18 months left on his contract and is apparently refusing to sign a new one.
    Wenger came out and said he would rather wait the 18 months and let him go for free, than cash in on him now, which is a smart move as it will put other clubs off sniffing around him.

Sanchez would be a great signing,

1) Because we could have a front 3 of Costa, Hazard and Sanchez, which could well be the second best front three in the world.

2) It would hamstring Arsenal a great deal as he is by far their best player.

If we got him for free that would be even better <laugh>

All rumours at the moment, and my feeling is Sanchez is waiting to see what Arsenal do this season before he decides. This contract stalling HAS to be because of a lack of ambition and ability in Arsene Wenger.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-form-the-dream-partnership-with-diego-costa/

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/08/how-c...rd-alexis-sanchez-at-stamford-bridge-6308529/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-want-arsenals-alexis-sanchez-9412446

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...z-Arsene-Wenger-Antonio-Conte-Latest-CFC-News

2. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

My feeling about players stalling on a new contract has always been that the agent is ramping up the pressure on the parent club. Arsenal suffer the most from this tactic because of their self imposed wage cap. I'm not saying that the interest from other clubs isn't real, but the agents will make sure that any is publicised to the max. I'm guessing that Sanchez is using this leverage because he wants to stay at Arsenal.

3. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Sanchez wants to leave - City will be his destination.

Chelsea rumours don't add up.

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Not sure about that Stan. Hasn't Pep has got rid once? His ticky tacky may not be up to scratch. :emoticon-0105-wink:

5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

nope Abu's - Pep didn't dispatch Alexis. It was Luis.

moreover, Alexis was a part timer when he was in Barca.
    now he is the top dog & can be the same in City as well.

6. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

On current form I'd snap him up like there was no tomorrow! He certainly would be a hell of an asset and it would really put the boot in to Arsenal. Having taken. It one but two of their stars who then went on to win trophies in blue. There's no smoke without fire but wouldn't believe anything the rags are saying just yet.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up Stan, I'm sure if Pep wants him badly enough he will have him.

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Sanchez now would be brilliant. In 18 months time who knows who the "new" Sanchez, Messi, Neymar et al might be?
    Wenger rarely seems to make the financial decisions at Arsenal, so who cares what he says about when to sell?

9. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Similar rumours about Harry Kane 2 weeks ago and he's now signed on for about 6 years!

It's all designed by agents to get the best deal. If I was Snachez though I'd be inclined to wait 9-12 months and review it. He's probably Arsenal's best player at the moment but he's not winning the major titles with them or getting paid what other stars are elsewhere. What's the case for staying?