1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ALEX NEIL SACKED!!!

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, Mar 10, 2017.

1. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Absolutely not, canario, quite the opposite.

2. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Well if you stop going on about it & Cromer does then we can all get on with arguing about football issues. Maybe you could both count to 10 before posting comments at each other.

3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly!!! <hug>

4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Trying to read between the lines, I think the sacking was more likely to do with AN's refusal to work with a DoF after the shake-up. IMO, the priority should be on a DoF and manager team focused on bringing on our younger players and recruiting others, as those at the end of their contract leave. Other players may leave as well, but only if another team is willing to pay what we are paying them and we recoup a significant part of our investment for players like Klose and Naismith.

As for AN's departure, it is certainly head and shoulders above the way PL left.

canary-dave and JM Fan like this.
  5. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

giphy.gif

<laugh>

6. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My main concern is that both Murphys, Pritchard and Maddison could well be within his bracket.
    All of them are surely better 'prospects' than people like Naismith, Howson etc as they have time and development / prospects on their side.
    And becoming 'plodders' in a team that clearly (at the moment) lacks direction, leadership and impetus may not appeal to any of them in the longer term - especially if their agents have their heads screwed on!
    <yikes>
    We'd be in a right muddle then :emoticon-0106-cryin

JM Fan and KIO like this.
  7. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Agree with that Cromer but we must do everything we can to hold onto Howson, he is by far our best player IMO
    By that I mean best all round footballer <ok>

carrowcanario likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very true, I agree, but given that very frank, open, honest (and ill considered with hindsight <doh> ) interview with Henry Winter in the Times, where they said they weren't open to external investment and "don't even answer the phone" to inquiries, any CEO worth his salt is going to start circling the club, because their self-sustaining model only works when all the constituent parts work.
    If Jacob and Josh show the levels of all round improvement elsewhere, like Redmond has at Saints, I'd be delighted (for them both) but not surprised :(

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes Cromer, Redmond has certainly improved at Saints, but earlier in the season, they were thinking he was a waste of money. Part of his improvement I feel is that he's now being played more as a 'number 10' - the same as he played for England under 21s.
    IMO, one of AN's biggest failings was playing players out of position - 'square pegs in round holes' even when he'd a pretty much fully fit squad, but his BIGGEST mistake was signing and then insisting on playing Naismith!!!

ilovedelia and carrowcanario like this.
  10. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I heard a rumour today, with the guy (not a city fan) citing talksport as a source suggesting that Neil had had a blazing all guns blazing row with Delia. No evidence for this what so ever, but it seems more plausible than, we had a meeting scheduled 3 days after a game and 24 hrs before the next one and then finally sacked him. Would any board really wait that long and do it that way? (Granted our collection of fruitloops, maybe!) Something between Thursday night and the sa cking has happened, I'm not buying the **** balls was peddling.

Bah!

11. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Did the rest of Neils team (Frankie etc ) go with him? Have seen nothing in any article about this.

12. bedfordcanary

bedfordcanary Well-Known Member

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/view..._alex_neil_found_improvng_his_squad_1_4928593

This article sums up everything that was wrong with Alex Neil and Norwich City's recruitment policy! He failed to every improve the squad, with the exception of perhaps Pinto and (at times) Klose and Brady.

Pritchard should improve us but rarely gets a start, Oliviera is good but is now injured. He never improved the middle of the park which is the most important position!

That is not good enough!

13. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I believe Frankie was on the bench Saturday. Not sure though.

14. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit harsh to say AN didn't improve the squad - Klose, Brady, Pinto, Oliveira, Pritchard and more recently Dijks are all quality hires and I'd argue for the most part improvements on their predecessors (eg Dijks for Olsson). Plus the juniors like Maddison and the Icelandic fella. And how do you improve on Howson in the middle? I think the middle was probably one of the few areas we didn't need to beef up when you compare it to CB for instance.

15. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

It was a ridiculous article. After 20 minutes when someone left the field, there was a stiff breeze in a Northerly direction and a cormerant squawked, Neil hadn't improved the team on the pitch! All ten of them, with others sold or injured! I don't think he got the best out of many/any of his players, but this is ludicrous cherry picking to try and prove a very tenuous point.

Bah!

16. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Pretty much agree HQMC and I'm sure nearly everyone would say that he should NOT have signed Naismith, but would have seen far more ROI had he signed a quality CB for a similar amount!!!
    Unfortunately, he's more likely to be remembered for Naismith rather than Pinto, Klose and Oliveira.
    Edit -
    QUOTE="General Melchett, post: 10335743, member: 1018642"]It was a ridiculous article. After 20 minutes when someone left the field, there was a stiff breeze in a Northerly direction and a cormerant squawked, Neil hadn't improved the team on the pitch! All ten of them, with others sold or injured! I don't think he got the best out of many/any of his players, but this is ludicrous cherry picking to try and prove a very tenuous point.

Bah![/QUOTE]
    <applause>