1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Agent Moyes

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by The-Cat, Aug 23, 2016.

1. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

It doesnt affect my long term mood, it used to but I find as I get older there are other things to worry about. I'd just like to think that supporting your football team might occasionally brighten up what can otherwise be a lousy day/week/month/year. It doesnt, we have been embarrassing and dire for years now. Oh just to win 3 games off the belt????? I stopped going to matches when we were still at Roker Park in the 90's. I think we were 2-0 up against relegation rivals Oxford and got beat 3-2. It was then I decided I'd had enough. I wasnt paying £3 to get in and watch that rubbish!!!! <laugh>
    I'm an armchair supporter since and I'm slightly pissed off. If I had a season ticket and forced myself to watch the ****e we dish out nowadays I'd be a raging inferno by now. I feel for the people who spend their hard earned cash on them, the drug must be so deep in their system they just cant drag themselves away. I'm pleased I got out when I did.

rooch 3 and Billy Death like this.
  2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

It wasn't long ago you relegated your biggest rivals, went on an 11 game unbeaten run and you were all buzzing.

If there's a sport that has it's ups and downs more than football I've never seen it.

I think you lot can possibly take a bit of hope from your rivals now, if you go down, it's not necessarily doom and gloom, they're having a great time down there, far better than you're having in the PL.

At the end of the season, if you stay up, many of you will say you wouldn't swap a season of misery but ultimately survival, for a season of banging teams in a lower division for fun.

Do you want to be a part of the big league or do you want to win games frequently? Only a select few clubs can have both.

3. E.T. Fairfax

Our usual cheeky little end of season form doesnt mask how bad our club is being run from top to bottom. For me it doesnt neutralise the stench that we have to put up with, particularly as the stench returns rather quickly and more pungently as soon as the first ball of the new season is kicked. The fact that nothing changes is demoralising. When other teams are bad, they are bad. When we are bad, we are shocking. When we lose now, and the manner that we lose, I just chuckle like a drugged up lunatic in a straight jacket!

4. E.T. Fairfax

Ideally I would like us to get relegated but bounce straight back up with a new team mentality of hungry, hard working players.......please!

TEL likes this.
  5. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

I have read this before but I will put it on this thread.
    We finished the season of ok.
    Never got relegated.
    Then just before the start of the new season big Sam was stole from us and moyes took his place ok that bit is fine.
    Now this is what I've seen before.
    Why did we not keep the same team that finished last season including yedlin and mvilla.
    NO MOYES WANTED HIS OWN TEAM AND DISSMANTELD ARE PERFECTLY GOOD ENOUGH TEAM.he brought in players not good enough.
    Well if he had added one or two to the squad and played with the proven team settled us in a comfortable league possition
    THEN IN JANUARY GET HIS PLAYERS IN AND BUILD HIS TEAM.
    Just thought like what I've read
    And yes I know we have had injuries

6. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Thats me 100% couldn't give a f uck what division we are in how any body can be remotely happy watching this s hite week in week out just so they can say they support a team in the prem makes me wonder if they are a 100% in the noggin.

TEL likes this.
  7. The-Cat

The-Cat New Member

I think my question has been answered.

8. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Surely there's not much solace that can be taken be constantly losing my the odd goal? If a team loses every game of the season 1-0 (and if sunderland continue that way that'll basically be what happens) , no analyst is going to look back on it and say those 28 games that were 1-0 could've easily been draws, what an unlucky manager. Especially considering there have moments like when losing by the odd goal has been the result of squandering a 2 goal lead with 20 mins to go ie Palace.

Table doesn't lie, 2 points from 30 is clearly an absolutely rotten squad and a manager who isn't working, no amount of bad luck or near misses gets a team in this situation.

9. Tel (they/them)

I pointed it out because it's probably a lot easier to fix a team who are losing narrowly in most games, than it is to fix a team that are being battered every game.

Dunno why you're chatting about analysts to be honest, we're discussing football here, who cares what a bloke who compiles data has to say on the matter?

10. The-Cat

The-Cat New Member

Well congratulations are in order I think, the blokes done a cracking job. Absolute stability ,stable at the foot of the table .Dragged a team on the up at the end of last season to a team devoid of any spirit/fight etc from the get go.The man has drained the city not just the club.Thanks again Moyes you ****ing fraud.

11. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Still can't quite believe that virtually before a ball had been kicked he said that we're in a relegation battle and the players aren't good enough. What a thing to say at the start of the season.

12. Tel (they/them)

Bookmarking Level: Expert

salad fingers likes this.
  13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Bet he doesnt know the name of baby woodlouse. <laugh>

Deletion Requested1 likes this.
  14. The-Cat

The-Cat New Member

who's that <laugh>

15. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Just us being daft mate. Read the no fight thread. All will be revealed.