1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Addicks v the Blades

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Nov 26, 2016.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Many in the summer predicted that Chris Wilder would do a great job as manager and so it had turned out so far this season - with Sheff Utd.

The promotion chasing Blades have sold out today <applause> forcing the comatose Charlton box office to put restrictions on match day sales.

The big questions today are:

1. Will Karl Robinson enjoy sitting between Katrien Meire and Sue Parkes in the Directors Box?

2. What sort of child's plastic toy will CARD ask us to throw onto the pitch while @Addickted2TheReds negotiates with Fox TV for his own show?

Hard to see anything other than a Blades win, with Rudd now joining the casualty list.

2. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

3. User deleted as requested

Little rubber black taxis are today's missile of choice

Instructions to throw them on from
    first min

Large Sheff Utd turnout being told it won't cause the match to be abandoned (seriously)

4. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

The goal was so obvious, everyone fell asleep. Deserve to be losing though

5. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Good point as we were battered.

Why didn't Chicksen start? And is Botaka not allowed to play more than 15 mins per game?

6. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

Scenes reminiscent of Jackson against QPR

7. User deleted as requested

A lucky point.

Sheffield Utd bossed the entire game - they were bigger, stronger and better than us everywhere. Their goal was almost comical in terms of how poor our defending was. Jackson mercifully was subbed after 50 min - once again he was chasing shadows today and this really is one season too far.

From 30 mins onwards we resorted to "Slade football" i.e. Negative sideways and backwards passing. With Lookman having a poor game and Ajose unable to trap a bag of cement, we had zero threat up front.

Good scenes with the flares on the pitch when we scored, but in reality it was theft.

8. DonCorleone

How embarrassing were the protests today! I can't imagine there will be too many more.

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Decent result in fairness. 7 points in 3 games gives Robinson something to build on. He has to hit the ground running now.

10. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Because he's toilet.

11. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

I like him! No idea why, I think he's fairly mobile compared to half of our squad. His cross for the goal was decent. He was generally poor today though, a shadow of his performance at Bristol Rovers.

12. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Botaka should be sent back to Leeds come January if Robinson doesn't rate him either. Free funds up, and it also stops fans getting frustrated when another week goes by without him having a chance.

13. ForestHillBilly

At least there was a bit of life in the upper north, due to boycotters coming back for the protest I suppose. Next saturday will be like a library again.

14. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

1-1 and we should be gratefull. Out thought from the start. The expresson penny wise, pound foolish should be todays English lesson for Meire and Duchtalet. They mucked around with Wilder, and today he showed what we could have had this season. The dropping of Chicksen after he played so well at Bristol should give pause to those who thought Nugent should be given longer. And maybe Tex could be given a run by the incoming manager? It'll cost money to play him I'm told. Well, another year in league 1 will cost more.
    Still, we nicked a point and Robinson inherits a small unbeaten run. Hopefully having watched the last two matches he'll know what needs doing both now and in january. Whatever, the optimism of the last two games should be revised. Sheffield showed us the gap between ourselves and the automatic promotion contenders.

15. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

The protest was embarrassing with very little match interruption.
    Chiksen dropped for Jackson wrong move we huffed and puffed and got a point thanks to the BFG.
    I love Botaka mr unpredictable I keep him ...for ever.
    The atmosphere was pretty decent with many Roland out and he's a c word chants .
    Robinson already showed his has no balls by conviently ducking the game preferring to take over for the cup game with his first love Milton keynes

16. User deleted as requested

Chicksen was abysmal when he came on - dare I say he ran around like a Headless Chicksen ? - & must have given away the ball or just screwed up half a dozen times. His main attribute these days is that he is not Jackson - at half time one of my sons turned to me in all seriousness and asked why Jackson wasn't playing today . He really was that bad and invisible. Send the poor bloke out to the Academy to work with the kids and show them what a good pro
    is all about. He risks demeaning his standing if he carries on plodding around the pitch like this.

Being subbed after 50 mins by Adam Chicksen is the footballing equivalent of being beaten to finishing the Sun crossword by Reams.

Ken Shabby and ForestHillBilly like this.
  17. ForestHillBilly

Thass wot I think n'all. His ball control was terrible, and he was out of position most of the time, resulting in a rocket from Nugent.

18. DonCorleone

That may be, but unless he loses both legs, he will always be a better option than JJ.

19. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

He was quality at Bristol Rovers tho