1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A question for the NUFC Mod?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Rokerlad59, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

Earlier today, a thread was posted on this board by a SAFC not606 member. I contributed to this, and when revisiting the board to check responses found the thread to have disappeared??

Was this due to a technical issue or was the thread pulled?

If the former then can this be looked into, or if the latter…. Why?

In the past both sides of the black and white and red and white divide have posted on each others boards, generally to stir some mischief (we all enjoy it from time to time) and on the old 606 (for all it’s faults) unless the OP was truly offensive we could indulge our mutual wind ups. Do you now have a different outlook?

Look forward to reasoned points…..

2. Spiderman-Mask

Spiderman-Mask Well-Known Member

What was the thread about?

3. Hedder

Hedder Member

I've seen a couple of threads deleted for only serving the purpose of winding up. Like the one about Harrods that was just a repost of the one on the Sunderland board. Truth be told, I quite like the level of moderation.

I'm sure there was a thread about my avatar that got deleted too, but I was drunk on Friday so I may have been hallucinating.

4. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

Hedder - the thread had the title of something like "Ha'way craa's - get your fingers out" and was fairly short suggesting that someone should tell Cashley and Partridge that the transfer window was open. A reference to the lack of transfer activity around NE1??? And a wind up obviously...

5. Frank_Pingel_Legend

Frank_Pingel_Legend Active Member

If I was mod I would let the traditional wind-ups between NUFC and SAFC go, but would draw the line at outright abuse and challenging your opponent to a scrap. Moderation isn't easy though. You can't please everybody.

6. Tiote's Witch Doctor

Tiote's Witch Doctor Well-Known Member

I doubt leazes would delete comments and such unless there was a proper reason.

7. SAFC 55

SAFC 55 Member

Rokerlad,i posted the thread mate, this board is worse than bbc 606. No banter,craic unless your a toon fan

8. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

It wasn't just A comment - it was the whole thread. We all know it's aimed at getting under the skins of NUFC posters, your lads do the same on our boards, and unless the thread is openly offensive/abusive/racist I can't see why we want to start doing this. Both sets of supporters enjoy having a craic with our "enemies" and I for one enjoy it (sometimes more like the Hughton saga - less so like Horrorween) but this type of banter is integral to us, so why????

9. Tiote's Witch Doctor

Tiote's Witch Doctor Well-Known Member

Couldnt tell you, I'd hate any thread like that to be deleted, love the banter! Must be a reason or fault or something.

10. SAFC 55

SAFC 55 Member

Rokerlad59 - This was the article posted

Haway craas - get yer fingers opt.

Do you think someone should give Agent Ashley and Alan Partridge a quick call tonight, just to tell them the transfer window is actually open?

I dont think they know about it!

<laugh>Al get me coat,back to bbc 606<ok>

11. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

12. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

Cheers for that Yes We Gyan, couldn't remember who posted it. Until Leazes would grace us with his response, I guess we'll all be in the dark! For me, I'll certainly be making sure that our board is kept open for other teams views - long as they aren't aoffensive etc...

SAFC top NE team and top NE not606 board - to be expected really - maybe we should invite these poor souls over to gain redemption?? <whistle>

13. psycho

psycho Member

That article is still there, i've just seen it as i was scrolling the pages looking for one i posted on late last night/early hours this morning. The last post on it was about 10.30 am today.

Is there anyway you can see what threads you have posted on? Like on 606 it was member page, then comments, on a normal forum it's usercp, but for the life of me i can't figure it out on here?

edit: doesn't matter, i see the new posts button, swear that **** wasnt there before like.

14. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

It's just one missing post on an internet forum, not exactly the end of the world is it?

15. SAFC 55

SAFC 55 Member

psycho

Barcodes cant stand critism <laugh>

16. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

That was the thread that was deleted by the Newcastle mod. Bad craic.

17. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

It's not the end of the world, and I've asked if this was a technical issue but so far without response. Without being hasty, it does seem as if the site Header of " Not606 Comment. Create. Debate freely " seems not to apply here

18. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

How is that even funny? Like genuinely? I'm all for banter, but when it comes down to '[insert name here] generic statement that isn't necessarily insulting' maybe you should take a bit of time out?

Mackems hate getting beaten <laugh> ...See?

19. Frank_Pingel_Legend

Frank_Pingel_Legend Active Member

Maybe not. But we can stand criticism.

20. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

Well anyways that article seems to be void now as Ireland is set to sign. So just stop crying ok?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.